Do You Have 4 Eyes? Poll on PF Members

• Thread starter AlbertEinstein
  • Start date
In summary, most people have glasses because they need them for reading, driving, or for correcting astigmatism. However, there are a few people who do not need glasses.

Do u wear spectacles?

• Total voters
DaveC426913 said:
Did that make it hurt more?

baDUMbum
:biggrin:
That's how he broke his glasses.

Physics news on Phys.org
-3 and -2,5...

.78 on both eye for astigmatism...

We are all geeks :P What will the world do without geeks..

Funny thing, I had a doctoral school last week on string theory. About twenty guys in the room, and I was to only one without glasses.

Come to think of it, I was the only one without glasses in my graduation physics class as well.

Hmm...

I drove home last night on twisting country roads to get home after hunting on a friend's property. Never again, until I get new lenses. Every oncoming vehicle's light bloomed in my eyes and blinded me, to the point where I practically had to pull over and stop and let them go by. The worst ones were the vehicles with the "european" headlights that seem almost monochromatic and blazingly bright.

It's odd how some girls can never wear glasses, one day put a pair on, and I don't even think she looks different. Other girls, on the other hand, put on glasses and look like a completely different person.

That 19 year-old girl that I was with a couple of years back has perfect vision and bought plain-glass glasses to wear as a fashion point. :rolleyes:

Danger said:
That 19 year-old girl that I was with a couple of years back has perfect vision and bought plain-glass glasses to wear as a fashion point. :rolleyes:
Maybe it was to hide her secret identity?

turbo-1 said:
I drove home last night on twisting country roads to get home after hunting on a friend's property. Never again, until I get new lenses. Every oncoming vehicle's light bloomed in my eyes and blinded me, to the point where I practically had to pull over and stop and let them go by. The worst ones were the vehicles with the "european" headlights that seem almost monochromatic and blazingly bright.
Those blazingly bright headlights are a problem even for those of us who don't have to deal with the glare on glasses! They're a hazard to other drivers in my opinion, especially if you're on a dark road with few other lights. It's worse when they don't have them adjusted to the right angle and they really glare right into the eyes of oncoming drivers!

I'm actually surprised by the poll results being so even! Are people not counting contact lenses and only glasses? I don't know anyone other than myself (in person) who doesn't wear corrective lenses of any kind.

*sigh* This thread makes me sad!:frown::shy:

Danger said:
Does that explain why she was dating you ?:tongue:

Unfortunately, we weren't 'dating'. Just constant companions. She did have her standards.

I had laser surgery and now have perfect vision.

I've been prescribed glasses since I was 5years old. However I never wear them, as I have no trouble at all seeing things. Though i know my right eye has near perfect vision and the left isn't so perfect.

20/20 vision, no glasses. I'm really lucky actually, since all 4 of my immediate family members wear glasses.

Maybe I'm adopted. :cry: