Which Engineering Degree is Right for Me?

• Thread starter linda123
  • Start date
  • Tags
    University
In summary, the conversation discusses the options of pursuing a degree in mechanical or electrical engineering, with the addition of a degree in integrated engineering offered at certain universities. The speaker also mentions the potential career advantages of obtaining a Professional Engineer (PE) license and the stereotype of electrical engineering having more attractive women. They suggest researching which universities offer a degree in electro-mechanical engineering, which combines elements of both disciplines.
linda123
I don't know what engineering degree to pick? Mechanical or electrical! I like both. I also heard of integrated engineering at some university? any idea about that?

Engineering news on Phys.org
There's no way we could possibly help you pick a major without knowing anything at all about you.

- Warren

One thing do, if you get your PE after your degree then you can sign of on more stuff as a mechanical engineer then as an electrical. Chicks in electrical engineering are way hotter do (just kidding).

there is a degree call electro-mechanical engineering offered in some universities, they do teach you stuff from both electrical and mechanical side, but you will have to find out as to which university offer this degree.

What are the different types of engineering degrees?

There are many different types of engineering degrees, including mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, chemical engineering, civil engineering, computer engineering, and more. Each type of engineering focuses on a specific area of study and application.

How do I choose which engineering degree is right for me?

Choosing the right engineering degree depends on your interests, strengths, and career goals. It's important to research each type of engineering and consider which subjects you excel in and which industries you are passionate about.

What are the job prospects for different types of engineering degrees?

The job prospects for engineering degrees vary depending on the type of engineering. Generally, all fields of engineering have high demand for skilled professionals, with some areas seeing higher growth than others.

What is the difference between a Bachelor's and Master's degree in engineering?

A Bachelor's degree in engineering typically takes four years to complete and provides a broad foundation in the field. A Master's degree in engineering is a more specialized program that can take an additional one to two years to complete and can lead to higher-paying job opportunities.

Do I need to have a strong background in math and science to pursue an engineering degree?

While a strong background in math and science is beneficial for engineering, it is not always necessary. Many engineering programs offer introductory courses to help students build their skills in these areas. Additionally, engineering involves problem-solving and critical thinking skills, which can be developed through practice and experience.