Updating Problem: Strange Happening - What Just Happened?

• Thread starter dx
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a strange occurrence where new posts appeared before an older post in a thread. The time stamps were in the correct order, but the browser may have been loading from cache instead of refreshing from the server. A similar problem was reported by other users and a solution was suggested to refresh the web page directly from the server without clearing the cache.
dx
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Something very strange happened just now. I was replying to a thread whose last post was at 09:56 AM. I replied to it almost as soon as it appeared, but the time of my post was shown 10:34 AM and suddenly 4 posts appeared before mine that were not there before!

Physics news on Phys.org
You mean the time stamp of the posts preceding yours was later than your reply?

No the time stamps were in the right order. It's just that the last post I saw (just approximately a minute before I replied) was the 09:56 AM one.

lisab reported a similar problem here: https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=305020

I had this problem as well with some of my school's computers. I never had this problem with my personal laptop. I think for some reason the browser is loading from cache instead of refreshing from the server.

Turns out you're right Defennder:

http://www.addictivetips.com/internet-tips/firefox-refresh-web-page-directly-from-server-without-clearing-cache/

1. What is the cause of the strange happening?

The cause of the strange happening is currently unknown. It is important to gather data and evidence to determine the root cause of the problem.

2. How long has the strange happening been occurring?

The duration of the strange happening can vary. It is important to gather information from witnesses and analyze any previous instances to determine a timeline.

3. Are there any potential dangers associated with the strange happening?

As a scientist, it is important to consider all potential dangers associated with the strange happening. It is important to gather data and assess any potential risks to individuals or the environment.

4. How can we prevent the strange happening from happening again?

Preventing the strange happening from occurring again will require further investigation and analysis of the data. It is important to identify any patterns or triggers that may have caused the strange happening and implement measures to prevent it from happening in the future.

5. Is there a way to reverse the strange happening?

At this time, there is no known way to reverse the strange happening. However, with further research and understanding of the cause, it may be possible to find a solution to reverse its effects.