Congratulations jtbell! Promoted to Mentor

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, jtbell has been promoted to mentor and will be roaming for the meantime. Sadly, dduardo and hypnagogue are leaving staff due to real life obligations. However, jtbell's promotion is well-deserved and they will be a valuable addition to the mentor team. Moonbear is currently running IR as Tom may be MIA due to teaching classes, and there is a backlog in the IR forum that needs to be reviewed. Anyone with access to the IR Court Room is encouraged to help review, and please send a bulletproof vest to the person delivering decision letters.
Please give a round to jtbell! jtbell has been promoted to mentor and will be roaming for the meantime. :approve:

On a sour note both dduardo and hypnagogue are leaving staff due to real life obligations. :frown:

Physics news on Phys.org
WOOT! Welcome jtbell! :approve:

On a sour note both dduardo and hypnagogue are leaving staff due to real life obligations.

You know, for "some" of us, PF *IS* real life. :blushing:

Congrats to jebell and thanks to dduardo and hypnagogue!:smile:

Again real life obligations? Ok hope it would be about nice things in their lives!

Welcome jtbell :smile:, and sorry to see both dduardo and hypnagogue leave. :frown: Best wishes to them for a real life. :uhh:

Greg Bernhardt said:
Please give a round to jtbell! jtbell has been promoted to mentor and will be roaming for the meantime.
Yay! Well-deserved. :approve:

Contrats jt. Welcome to the pack. Er, I mean fold.

Congrats jtbell, and well deserved.

So, one less penguin around here now... It's only a matter of time.

Congrats, JT, and thanks to those departing.

Greg Bernhardt said:
On a sour note both dduardo and hypnagogue are leaving staff due to real life obligations. :frown:
Where has dduardo been? You can't go on a road trip for that long.

Congratulations jtbell!

Cheers to dduardo and hypnagogue! Thanks for all the good work on PF. Don't be strangers.

berkeman said:
Contrats jt.

Thanks, everyone! I'm looking forward to doing what I can to help.

Welcome to the pack. Er, I mean fold.

Or maybe gaggle? Covey? Clowder? :uhh:

A murder of mentors? (that, and crash, were always my favorites!)

Congratulations jtbell, you are a welcome addition to the mentor team.

Sad to see dduardo and hypnagogue are not able to continue with their mentorship; I wish you both the very best out there in the rest of the universe.

What rest of the universe? You think that there's something beyond this? :eek:

Moonbear's running IR right now --- Tom come up MIA? Haven't seen much activity from him lately.

He got really busy with teaching classes this summer, and we're sending a search party out looking for him now. We just have such a backlog in the IR forum that I rolled up my sleeves and did the dirty work of getting the submissions awaiting review moved out where the reviewers can see them! So, anyone who has access to the IR Court Room, PLEASE pop in and help review! And if someone has a bulletproof vest for me to borrow, I'd really appreciate it if they could get that to me before I start delivering the decision letters! I heard that being a messenger is a high risk job!

Sorry, but I'm using ALL of PF's bulletproof vestsright now... have been for almost a year already.

Zz.

1. What does it mean to be promoted to Mentor?

Being promoted to Mentor signifies that jtbell has demonstrated exceptional knowledge and expertise in their field of study, and has been recognized by their peers as a leader and mentor for other scientists.

2. How does one become a Mentor?

Becoming a Mentor typically requires years of experience and a strong track record of research and publications in a particular field. Additionally, one must be recommended by their colleagues and approved by a governing body or organization.

3. What responsibilities come with being a Mentor?

As a Mentor, jtbell will be expected to provide guidance and support to other scientists, particularly those who are early in their careers. This may include offering advice on research projects, providing career mentorship, and helping to facilitate professional connections.

4. How does jtbell's promotion to Mentor benefit the scientific community?

The promotion of jtbell to Mentor is a testament to their knowledge and expertise in their field, and their willingness to share their knowledge with others. By serving as a Mentor, jtbell will contribute to the growth and development of the scientific community by fostering a supportive and collaborative environment.

5. What impact does this promotion have on jtbell's career?

Being promoted to Mentor is a significant achievement for a scientist and can have a positive impact on their career. It demonstrates their leadership skills and can open up opportunities for collaboration, networking, and professional development. It also serves as recognition of their contributions to their field of study.