Is it possible to post a photo or diagram?

• Thread starter John_H
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses an issue with the 'Manage Attachments' button not working when trying to post a photo. It is suggested that a pop-up blocker may be preventing the window from opening. After disabling the pop-up blocker, the issue is resolved and a photo is successfully posted.
John_H
Not having much luck with the 'Manage Attachments" button. It is pushable, but nothing happens.

Is there some additional step I need to follow in order to post a photo? Thank you for your help. Regards, John.

Physics news on Phys.org
John_H said:
Not having much luck with the 'Manage Attachments" button. It is pushable, but nothing happens.

Is there some additional step I need to follow in order to post a photo? Thank you for your help. Regards, John.
When you push the "manage attachments" button, a window will pop up that allows you to select and upload a file. Do you have something disabled that would prevent the window from opening, or perhaps open it in the background so it doesn't appear on top?

The pop-up blocker. Many thanks

Aha. It was the pop-up blocker. A photo should now appear as a test...

Many thanks, Evo.

Regards, John

Attachments

• hmsml.jpg
    hmsml.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 414

1. Can I post a photo or diagram in my research paper?

Yes, it is possible to post a photo or diagram in your research paper. However, it is important to make sure that the photo or diagram is relevant to your research and adds value to your paper.

2. What is the best format to use when posting a photo or diagram?

The best format to use when posting a photo or diagram may vary depending on the purpose of your research and the guidelines of the publication. However, commonly used formats include JPEG, PNG, and PDF.

3. Can I use photos or diagrams from other sources in my research?

Yes, you can use photos or diagrams from other sources in your research, as long as you properly cite the source and obtain permission if necessary. Plagiarism is a serious offense, so it is important to give credit to the original source.

4. Is there a limit to the number of photos or diagrams I can include in my research?

It is best to use photos or diagrams sparingly and only when they are necessary to support your research. However, if you need to include multiple photos or diagrams, make sure they are clearly labeled and do not clutter the page.

5. Can I post photos or diagrams that contain sensitive or confidential information?

If your research involves sensitive or confidential information, it is important to obtain permission before posting any photos or diagrams. This could include obtaining consent from participants in a study or permission from the source of the information.