Looking to Interview an Engineer

In summary, a student at Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario is looking to interview an engineer online. They have their questions prepared and are looking for someone to answer them. The student is studying engineering at Queen's and is particularly interested in civil engineering. The student has questions about the engineer's background, their experiences in the field, and their thoughts on the future of engineering. The student is grateful for anyone who can help with their questions.
Jalhalla
Hi, I currently attend Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario, and I'm looking to interview an engineer over the Internet. I have all of my questions prepared, and if you'd like to answer them, that'd be great! Just let me know here and I'll PM you my questions, and then you can PM them back with your answers. Thanks a lot guys! By the way, engineering is awesome so far! I just got done my midterms and think I did great! Engineers are awesome! Haha, thanks a lot again guys!

Engineering news on Phys.org
PM me the questions, and I'll try to answer them. About how long will it take me to answer them?

Thanks a lot! It shouldn't take too long at all! I've got to get going to class right now though so I'll have to send them to you at around 6:00 PM-ish. But I'll need a decent amount of juice because I'm supposed to write a report on your answers. But it shouldn't take too long at all, maybe 10 min at the most?

If you just post the questions, you may get more responses...

What kind of engineer are you planning to interview. Engineers are like doctors, they have specialties, civil, mechanical, software, aeronautics, electrical, etc. They hardly know what others do, except when they were in first year university.
If you go to Queens, I suppose you do civil engineering?

Hello, I am also in Engineering at Queens University, and I am also looking to interview an engineer over the web.

To answer your question mathmate, first year engineering at Queens is a general engineering course, you pick your discipline in second year. Queens does not only have civil engineering courses, but most of the major disciplines as well as engineering sciences.

Here are some questions that I assume Jalhalla was planning on providing:

Degree and NameWhy did you go into engineering? How do you balance the social and the technical aspects of engineering in your work? How has engineering changed over the past years and how do you see it changing in the future?I would also like to thank anyone who can help with these questions

1. What qualifications do you look for in an engineer for an interview?

We typically look for engineers with a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as engineering, mathematics, or computer science. We also value practical experience and strong problem-solving skills.

2. Can you provide some examples of engineering projects you have worked on in the past?

Our engineering team has worked on a diverse range of projects, including designing and implementing new software systems, developing innovative solutions for complex problems, and improving existing products and processes. We are proud of our track record of delivering successful projects.

3. How do you assess an engineer's technical skills during an interview?

We use a combination of technical questions and coding challenges to assess an engineer's technical skills. We also value their ability to explain complex concepts in a clear and concise manner and their approach to problem-solving.

4. What qualities do you value in an engineer beyond technical skills?

In addition to technical skills, we value qualities such as strong communication skills, teamwork, and adaptability. We believe that these qualities are important for an engineer to be successful in a collaborative and dynamic work environment.

5. Can you tell me about the company culture and work environment for engineers?

Our company culture is focused on innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. Our engineers work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, where they have the opportunity to work on challenging and cutting-edge projects. We also value work-life balance and offer a supportive and inclusive work environment.