2,000,000 post milestone

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary: We're at 1,999,980 now...In summary, we are approaching three major milestones on Physics Forums: 2,000,000 posts, 150,000 members, and 250,000 threads. There is speculation about potential prizes for the 2,000,000th post poster and for guessing the exact date and time of the milestone. Several members are also approaching personal milestones for their post counts. As the milestone nears, the excitement and anticipation is growing.
Darn that subtraction! "I must have been sick that day."

Physics news on Phys.org
Astro needs to brush up on his arithmetic. :tongue:

Good thing we're not counting nuclear fuel rods here.

Ivan Seeking said:
How many? :biggrin:
I could swear that 7 was a 9.

Nuts. OK - 237 to go.

We could conceivably do it by noon CST. Go help in HW.

I know how it is. From time to time I realize that I have completely misread a thread because I didn't really see it. As my vision gets worse, so does my speed reading.

I have a case of juvenile senility. :biggrin:

If a 6 turned out to be 9, I don't mind. Point on, Mr. Businessman! You can't look like me.

Looking more like 2 pm Central or 3 pm Eastern USA. Or shortly after.

So what's the prize for nailing the 2 millionth milestone? Do I get a free flight on PhysicsForums airlines to ClassicalMechanics island in the caribean? Get a QuantumMechanical rum drink with one of those Engineering umbrellas in it? Do we get a Philosophy massage from MathIsHard while laying out on the beach?

Q_Goest said:
So what's the prize for nailing the 2 millionth milestone? Do I get a free flight on PhysicsForums airlines to ClassicalMechanics island in the caribean? Get a QuantumMechanical rum drink with one of those Engineering umbrellas in it? Do we get a Philosophy massage from MathIsHard while laying out on the beach?
You get a nice message. :biggrin:

Are we there yet? :biggrin:

phyzmatix said:
Are we there yet? :biggrin:
117 to go!

We're within 100. 91 to go.

86 - Get smart

It's like waiting for the PF ball to decrease its gravitational potential energy.

Evo said:
71!... make that 70!

Of course, what percentage are goofball posts like this one?

53 left to go. Wooh!

I wonder how many have been deleted.

Doc Al said:
Of course, what percentage are goofball posts like this one?

These posts don't count do they? At least, they don't count towards personal stat counters, so I imagine they won't count towards the forum wide one.

:devil: I wonder what would happen if someone were to delete a couple of hundred posts...? :devil:

40 left to go

I have to go so I'll start the celebration just a bit early

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzL4L_FpLvE

Is this the post!?

Or this?!

Oops... we missed it!

I could have made the 2 millionth post, but I wanted to do a screen cap, although I'm sure Greg has it.

WOOHOO!

Showing 2,000,008 now. That was quick.

Doc Al said:
Oops... we missed it!
I didn't miss it. And I showed great restraint not to take it myself.

I also centered it so that I captured everyone that was logged in.

Attachments

• PF 2,000,000 posts.doc
    123 KB · Views: 259
Interesting. Mentors' logs show "invisible" members, like Ms Evo. Hmmmm.

Evo said:
I didn't miss it. And I showed great restraint not to take it myself.

I also centered it so that I captured everyone that was logged in.
Good work, Evo! Can we figure out which was the "lucky" post?

turbo-1 said:

We wouldn't be much good if we couldn't see everyone. :tongue:

turbo-1 said:
We see "everything". :devil:

Doc Al said:
Good work, Evo! Can we figure out which was the "lucky" post?
I think Greg said he had a way of knowing who it was.

Evo said:
We see "everything". :devil:
OK, what color is my underwear?

turbo-1 said:
OK, what color is my underwear?
You aren't wearing underwear.

<h2>1. What is the significance of the "2,000,000 post milestone"? </h2><p>The "2,000,000 post milestone" refers to the number of posts that have been made on a particular platform or forum. It is a significant number because it signifies a large amount of participation and engagement from users.</p><h2>2. How long did it take to reach the "2,000,000 post milestone"? </h2><p>The time it takes to reach the "2,000,000 post milestone" can vary depending on the platform and its popularity. It could take anywhere from a few months to several years.</p><h2>3. Which platform or forum reached the "2,000,000 post milestone"? </h2><p>The "2,000,000 post milestone" can be reached on any platform or forum that allows users to make posts. It is not limited to a specific platform.</p><h2>4. What does the "2,000,000 post milestone" say about the platform or forum? </h2><p>The "2,000,000 post milestone" can be an indication of the platform or forum's popularity and success. It shows that there is a large and active community of users who are actively participating and engaging with the platform.</p><h2>5. Is the "2,000,000 post milestone" a significant achievement? </h2><p>The "2,000,000 post milestone" can be considered a significant achievement for a platform or forum. It shows that the platform has a strong and active user base and has been successful in fostering a community of users who are actively sharing and engaging with each other.</p>

1. What is the significance of the "2,000,000 post milestone"?

The "2,000,000 post milestone" refers to the number of posts that have been made on a particular platform or forum. It is a significant number because it signifies a large amount of participation and engagement from users.

2. How long did it take to reach the "2,000,000 post milestone"?

The time it takes to reach the "2,000,000 post milestone" can vary depending on the platform and its popularity. It could take anywhere from a few months to several years.

3. Which platform or forum reached the "2,000,000 post milestone"?

The "2,000,000 post milestone" can be reached on any platform or forum that allows users to make posts. It is not limited to a specific platform.

4. What does the "2,000,000 post milestone" say about the platform or forum?

The "2,000,000 post milestone" can be an indication of the platform or forum's popularity and success. It shows that there is a large and active community of users who are actively participating and engaging with the platform.

5. Is the "2,000,000 post milestone" a significant achievement?

The "2,000,000 post milestone" can be considered a significant achievement for a platform or forum. It shows that the platform has a strong and active user base and has been successful in fostering a community of users who are actively sharing and engaging with each other.