School Question Moved - Forum Rules Followed

• Thread starter dragon513
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Bullet
In summary, the conversation is about a question related to a homework assignment that was posted in the wrong forum. The moderators were asked to move the question to the correct forum. The question involved a confusing problem statement about a bullet with an initial velocity of 630 m/s, but it was clarified that this refers to the velocity after leaving the barrel rather than during its acceleration in the barrel. The correct initial velocity in the barrel is actually zero.
dragon513
I've just read the forum rule and fount out this is not the right place to ask school related question +_+ I'd really appreciate if any of moderators can move this question to the right h/w forum. Thank you.

This is solved.

Thank you

Regards,

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
well for one... the answer is not correct. If it has an initial velocity of 630... why exactly would it slow down so much? It should stay at 630m/s for the entire trip (neglecting air resistance).

oops, and homework questions MUST be put in the homework section. Please read the titles.

Ya I think the question is a little misleading.
I think 630 m/s is when the bullet leaves the barrel.

The problem statement is a bit confusing. When it says "shot with an initial velocity of 630 m/s", what they really meant to say is that the bullet has the velocity of 630 m/s after leaving the barrel. (That's the initial speed of the rest of its trajectory.)

But during its acceleration in the barrel (which is what this problem has to do with), the initial velocity is zero (that's [itex]v_0[/itex], which is given as zero) and the final velocity (within the barrel) is 630 m/s.

1. What does "School Question Moved" mean?

"School Question Moved" means that a question related to a school or educational topic was moved to a different section or forum on a website. This is usually done to ensure that questions are categorized and organized properly for users to find and answer.

2. Why was my school question moved?

Your school question may have been moved because it was originally posted in the wrong section or forum, and the moderators or administrators of the website wanted to ensure it was in the appropriate location for others to see and respond to. This is done to keep the website organized and easy to navigate for all users.

3. Can I request for my school question to be moved to a different section?

Yes, you can request for your school question to be moved to a different section by contacting the moderators or administrators of the website. They will review your request and determine if it is appropriate to move your question to the desired section.

4. Will my school question still be visible after it has been moved?

Yes, your school question will still be visible after it has been moved to a different section. It will simply be relocated to a different area of the website for better organization and easier access for other users.

5. What should I do if my school question gets moved multiple times?

If your school question gets moved multiple times, it is best to contact the moderators or administrators of the website to discuss the issue. They will be able to provide you with more information and guidance on how to properly post your question in the correct section or forum to avoid further movement.