by Miyz
Tags: cemf, flux, magnetic
Share this thread:
Drakkith
Feb2-13, 10:46 AM
Mentor
P: 11,833
Quote Quote by Miyz View Post
Ok, after reviewing my friend statement. He didn't mean that C-EMF will not be generated, but it will. However, it will not have maximum effect.

His statement:
"Its not that the lines need to be parallel but the field applied to the solenoid must be perpendicular to the cross sectional area of the solenoid to have maximal effect. So that if there is a flux in the solenoid to start with the applied field will then be parallel to that field."

Does this make any sense? And is it true? "Maximum effect" part?
I'm still reviewing the basics, so I can't determine anything.
I'm actually not certain. I'm barely a beginner myself. I think he's saying the field lines need to run perpendicular to the coil's wires and parallel to the field lines that run through the coil if you have current flowing. The only way for that to happen is to have your magnet inside the coil, so that would make sense that it would have the maximum effect since your magnet literally couldn't get any closer if it wanted to.
Miyz
Feb4-13, 03:11 AM
P: 200
I think so too.

Register to reply