I want to buy some kind of steel for research,do me a favour thankyou

• Thread starter vicwang
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Steel
In summary, when purchasing steel for research purposes, it is important to carefully consider your research goals and choose a type of steel that will best suit your needs. Steel can be purchased from a variety of sources, such as online suppliers, industrial supply stores, and specialty steel companies. The amount of steel needed will depend on the specific experiments and tests being conducted, and it is recommended to purchase slightly more than needed to account for any unexpected errors or additional tests. Suppliers also offer the option to request specific properties for the steel, such as hardness or corrosion resistance. There can be differences between commercial and research-grade steel, with research-grade steel typically being of higher quality and better suited for scientific research.
vicwang
I want T91 steel with high quality,but not very much for irradiation research.I would be very thankful if someone shows me where I can get some.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Have you tried to ask kindly a giant steel producer?

Once I wanted to buy D=50mm L=1m of Maraging steel (30€/kg) from Allegheny or Carpenter and got a 6m bar as a free sample because they didn't know how to make an invoice for this tiny amount.

thankyou ! I'll try it

1. What type of steel should I buy for my research?

The type of steel you should buy for your research will depend on the specific properties and characteristics you are looking to study. Some common types of steel used in research include carbon steel, stainless steel, and alloy steel. It is important to carefully consider your research goals and choose a steel that will best suit your needs.

2. Where can I purchase steel for research purposes?

Steel can be purchased from a variety of sources, such as online suppliers, industrial supply stores, and specialty steel companies. It is important to do research on the supplier and ensure they provide high quality steel that is suitable for your research needs.

3. How much steel should I buy for my research?

The amount of steel you should buy for your research will depend on the specific experiments and tests you plan to conduct. It is always better to purchase slightly more than you think you will need to account for any unexpected errors or additional tests that may arise.

4. Can I request specific properties for the steel I buy?

Yes, many suppliers offer the option to request specific properties for the steel you are purchasing. This may include things like specific levels of hardness, strength, or corrosion resistance. Be sure to communicate your specific needs and requirements to the supplier to ensure you get the right type of steel for your research.

5. Is there a difference between commercial steel and research-grade steel?

Yes, there can be differences between commercial and research-grade steel. Research-grade steel is typically of higher quality and may have more specific properties and characteristics that are important for scientific research. It is important to carefully consider your research goals and choose the appropriate type of steel for your needs.