Finding Temperature at stage four, Refrigeration Cycle

In summary, it is possible to find the temperature of stage four (T4) in a single stage vapour compression cycle using the ideal gas law and a steam table.
recreated
Dear all,

This is for a theoretical system, which is trying to represent an 'actual' vapour compression cycle.

I have the pressure, temperature, enthalpy and entropy at stage four of a single stage cycle. Stage four is the stage where refrigerant leaves expansion valve and enters evaporator.

Is it possible to find the temperature, T4? I know how to use saturation tables, but I think for the evaporator entrance they arn't accurate,, is there any other way of deriving this value? I would love to know.

I have temps., press., entahlpys and entropys at all other stages of cycle so i assume there is some equation to get T4, in theory any way.
Kind Regards

Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
,Yes, it is possible to find the temperature of stage four (T4) using the pressure, temperature, enthalpy and entropy information you have. The ideal gas law can be used to solve for the temperature given the pressure and entropy. This equation is P = RT/V, where P is the pressure, R is the gas constant, T is the temperature, and V is the volume. You can then use the temperature and pressure information to look up the enthalpy and entropy values in a steam table.

1. How does temperature affect the refrigeration cycle?

Temperature is a crucial factor in the refrigeration cycle as it determines the level of heat exchange between the refrigerant and the surrounding environment. As the refrigerant moves through different stages in the cycle, its temperature changes, and this affects its ability to absorb or release heat.

2. What is the ideal temperature for stage four of the refrigeration cycle?

The ideal temperature for stage four of the refrigeration cycle depends on the type of refrigerant and the desired cooling effect. However, it is generally recommended to maintain a temperature between 30-35 degrees Fahrenheit in this stage to achieve efficient cooling and prevent the refrigerant from reaching its saturation point.

3. How can I measure the temperature at stage four of the refrigeration cycle?

Temperature at stage four of the refrigeration cycle can be measured using a thermometer or a temperature sensor. These instruments can be placed at the outlet of the evaporator or the inlet of the compressor to get an accurate reading.

4. What factors can cause a change in temperature at stage four of the refrigeration cycle?

There are several factors that can cause a change in temperature at stage four of the refrigeration cycle. These include variations in the ambient temperature, changes in the refrigerant flow rate, and system malfunctions such as a clogged filter or a faulty compressor.

5. How do I maintain the temperature at stage four of the refrigeration cycle?

To maintain the temperature at stage four of the refrigeration cycle, it is important to regularly check and calibrate the temperature measuring instruments. Additionally, ensuring proper insulation and maintenance of the refrigeration system can help to maintain the desired temperature at this stage of the cycle.