What is the correct manner of studying inorganic chemistry?

Some may find organic chemistry more appealing, but inorganic chemistry also has its own unique logic that cannot be compared to the other branches of chemistry. It is important to approach inorganic chemistry with an open mind and not try to apply the logic of other branches to it.
phymatter

I mean physical chemistry is like physics and has a lot of logic ,
organic chemistry is the mother of all logics ,

But WHAT ABOUT INORGANIC CHEMISTRY ? are there any logics in it too ,
i started liking chemistry after doing organic , but do i have to learn all the facts without any logic in inorganic chem or is there some hidden logic ?
this question seems similar to the ongoing discussion about "Why chemistry is so difficult ? , but it is not , i just want to know about INORGANIC chemistry !

Last edited:
Chemistry news on Phys.org

That's the first time I see someone stating organic chemistry has its logic, while inorganic has not. I have seen numerous people claiming exactly the opposite - organic chemistry has no logic, while inorganic is logical...

The answer is - there is kind of a logic here and here, they are just different logics. Trying to apply one to the other world won't work.

--
methods

The correct manner of studying inorganic chemistry is to approach it with an open and curious mind, just like any other branch of science. Inorganic chemistry may not have the same level of logic as physical or organic chemistry, but that does not mean it lacks any logic at all. In fact, inorganic chemistry has its own set of principles and patterns that can be understood and applied through logical thinking.

To study inorganic chemistry effectively, it is important to have a strong foundation in basic chemistry concepts such as atomic structure, bonding, and periodic trends. It is also helpful to have a good understanding of physical and organic chemistry, as these branches often overlap with inorganic chemistry.

In addition to understanding the basic concepts, it is important to practice problem-solving and critical thinking skills. Many inorganic chemistry problems require a deeper understanding of the underlying principles and the ability to apply them to new situations.

Lastly, it is important to stay organized and keep up with the material. Inorganic chemistry can be overwhelming with the amount of information and reactions to learn, so it is important to have a study plan and review regularly.

In conclusion, while inorganic chemistry may not have the same level of logic as other branches of chemistry, it still requires a logical and analytical approach to be understood and mastered. With a strong foundation in basic concepts, critical thinking skills, and regular practice, inorganic chemistry can be a fascinating and rewarding subject to study.

1. What is the difference between organic and inorganic chemistry?

Organic chemistry deals with the study of compounds containing carbon, while inorganic chemistry focuses on the study of compounds that do not contain carbon.

2. How should I approach learning inorganic chemistry?

It is important to first have a strong foundation in general chemistry concepts before diving into inorganic chemistry. Practice solving problems and actively engage with the material to enhance understanding.

3. What are some helpful study strategies for inorganic chemistry?

Creating study guides, using flashcards, practicing with sample problems, and seeking help from peers or a tutor are all effective strategies for studying inorganic chemistry.

4. What are the most important topics to focus on in inorganic chemistry?

The most important topics in inorganic chemistry include atomic structure, chemical bonding, periodic trends, coordination compounds, and acid-base reactions.

5. How can I apply my knowledge of inorganic chemistry in real life?

Inorganic chemistry plays a crucial role in various industries such as pharmaceuticals, materials science, environmental science, and energy production. Understanding inorganic chemistry can also help in making informed decisions about the products we use in our daily lives.