Need book about electronic equipments

Hey, do you have a diode?"- Shopper: "What number?"- Warren: "Nose bleeds"- Warren: "How about an oscilloscope?"- Shopper: "Number?"In summary, the conversation revolves around the need to learn about various components and devices used in electrical engineering experiments. The speaker is looking for a book that can guide them on how to use these components and which ones to buy. They also mention not wanting a book that focuses on theory and instead want a practical introduction. A recommended book is "The Art of Electronics" by Horowitz and Hill.
Edwardo_Elric
i need to learn basic stuff about parts of an analog trainer, oscilloscopes, resistors, potentiometers,diodes, transistors... i mean all about electrical engineering experiments and devices...
- this book shall orient me how to use these stuffs
- this book must guide me on what parts to buy in a hardware store
E.g. what i did
(Me: hey do you have a diode?
Shopper: What number?
Me: nose bleeds
Me: how about oscilloscope?
Shopper: number?
Me: " "
)

- no theory about electrons flowing and stuff

if there exists,
what good book to recommend me?
thx very much

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
It sounds like you're asking for a degree in electrical engineering all wrapped up in a single book. This obviously won't happen, but I'd suggest the book "The Art of Electronics" by Horowitz and Hill as a good practical introduction to systems-level electronics.

- Warren

I understand your need for a comprehensive book on electronic equipment. I would recommend "Practical Electronics for Inventors" by Paul Scherz and Simon Monk. This book covers all the basic components and their functions, as well as how to use them in experiments and projects. It also includes practical tips on buying equipment and understanding their specifications. Additionally, it provides hands-on experiments and projects to help you apply your knowledge. I believe this book will be a great resource for you to learn about electrical engineering experiments and devices. Good luck with your studies!

What is the best book for learning about electronic equipment?

The best book for learning about electronic equipment is "The Art of Electronics" by Paul Horowitz and Winfield Hill. It covers a wide range of topics from basic electronics principles to advanced circuit design.

Are there any books specifically focused on troubleshooting electronic equipment?

Yes, "Troubleshooting Electronic Equipment" by R.S. Khandpur is a great resource for learning how to troubleshoot and repair various electronic devices. It includes step-by-step procedures and troubleshooting techniques for common issues.

Is there a book that covers the latest advancements in electronic equipment?

"Electronic Equipment Design and Development: From Concept to Reality" by James M. Fiore is a comprehensive guide to the latest advancements in electronic equipment design and development. It covers topics such as nanotechnology, wireless communication, and green energy.

What is a good book for beginners interested in learning about electronic equipment?

"Getting Started in Electronics" by Forrest M. Mims III is a great book for beginners. It covers the basics of electricity, components, and circuit design in an easy-to-understand manner. It also includes hands-on projects for practical learning.

Are there any books that cover the history of electronic equipment?

"A History of Electronic Equipment" by Harold A. Wheeler is a comprehensive book that traces the evolution of electronic equipment from its early beginnings to modern times. It covers the key inventions, discoveries, and advancements that have shaped the field of electronics.