Best Online Message Center: Spell Checker Needed

• Thread starter olde drunk
  • Start date
In summary, the best message center on the internet is iespell.com. It is a great piece of software for spell checking text on web pages. It is free and works with Internet Explorer or any browser which uses IE's core files.
olde drunk
this is the best message center on the internet!

now, (here it comes), i got to bone to pick. i type fast and poorly, i also did not pay attention in grammar school about the rules for spelling.

WHY DON'T WE HAVE A SPELL CHECKER?

honest injun(hope I'm not un-pc), i'd trade smilies for a spell check.

thank you,

Physics news on Phys.org
Why care about spelling, if you don't care about punctuation?

Or you could type what you want in MSword or another program like that, then just transfer it over. Overall I don't think that anyone will care about your spelling if it's understandable. This isn't www.grammerforums.com[/url] or [PLAIN]www.spellingforums.com. I would have to say that when the ideas are flowing faster than you can properly type, than just get them out, then sort out the rest later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Olde Drunk,

Check this out:

http://www.iespell.com/

This is a great piece of software for spell checking text on web pages. Works great for forums, blogs and any other place were text is entered on a web page. It's free.

I should also mention that iespell works with Internet Explorer or any browser which uses IE's core files. MSN, AOL, Slimbrowser, etc.

Last edited:
thank you jimmy!

preciate!

There are some forums based on vbulletin with spell checker. But most of the time people don't use it, such as good spellers like me :smile:

The spell checker feature would be nifty, but you can always go to http://www.dictionary.com if you're unsure of spelling.

Spell checkers might seem like a lazy man's way. In the long run, however, they have helped me improve my spelling. Plus it's easy to miss mistakes; especially in longer posts.

Now grammer is a different story. I haven't found a grammer checker that I like. They always end up mangling my sentences. I haven't tried one in a long time so they might have gotten better.

Ye Olde Drunk: thank you jimmy!

preciate!

You're welcome. :smile:

Last edited:
I would suggest Jimmy's link, I use it often and would recommend it. The reason there isn't a spell checker is that they are often very server intensive.

Originally posted by Eh
Why care about spelling, if you don't care about punctuation?

Have you read "Eats, Shoots and Leaves"? I'm considering getting it.

Njorl

Originally posted by olde drunk
i'd trade smilies for a spell check.
Are you SERIOUS??

no way :wink:

YEAH! WHAT THE HECK'S THE MATTER WITH YOU ANYWAY?
DID YA GET SMACKED UPSIDE THE HEAD OR SOMETHING? :frown:
HOW IN THE WORLD CAN WE TALK WITHOUT THE SMILIES? [?] HOW WOULD YOU KNOW IF I WAS REALLY TICKED OFF AT YOU OR JUST HAVING FUN AND FLICKIN' YA S**T IF I DIDN'T ALSO FLING A BUNCH OF THESE AT YA?

PLEASE DON'T TAKE THE SMILIES AWAY! [b(] LIFE IS AN EXCLAMATION POINT AND THESE ARE MINE!:wink:

Wats rong wit usin Macrosof Werd?

Jist copey and paest.

I doo it al the tiem.

Spelling counts?? HUH? since when? what do we lose post count points? or what? C'est Qua ca? hoooboy I had enough problem in HS with spelling in French, and now you want what in english? take out the smilies no! <-- Like this guy, lots!

lol, Ivan you make me laugh...ur added to the list on favourite posters.

1. What is an online message center?

An online message center is a web-based platform that allows users to send and receive electronic messages, similar to traditional email. It can also include additional features such as file sharing, task management, and collaboration tools.

2. Why is a spell checker needed in an online message center?

A spell checker is an important tool for ensuring the accuracy and professionalism of written communication. It helps to catch and correct spelling errors and typos, improving the overall quality of messages being sent and received.

3. How does a spell checker work in an online message center?

A spell checker in an online message center typically works by comparing words in a message against a dictionary of correctly spelled words. It will then highlight any words that are not found in the dictionary or appear to be spelled incorrectly, allowing the user to make corrections as needed.

4. Are there different types of spell checkers available for online message centers?

Yes, there are various types of spell checkers available for online message centers. Some may only check for basic spelling errors, while others may also offer grammar and punctuation suggestions. Some may be built into the message center platform itself, while others may require a separate installation or integration.

5. Can a spell checker be customized for specific industries or jargon?

Yes, some spell checkers can be customized for specific industries or jargon. This can be useful for professionals in fields with specialized terminology or for organizations that have their own unique vocabulary. Customization may involve adding new words to the dictionary or creating rules for certain words or phrases.