Speed up Your Software Performance - PF3

• Thread starter Bystander
  • Start date
In summary, the new software "speed?" is slower than PF2 was on its bad days. The actual file sizes of each page are reduced by 20% and the new forum code is supposed to be better optimized and faster, but some navigational method is needed for better performance.
Bystander
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
New software "speed?"

Are there some options I need to turn on/off to improve performance? This is slower than PF2 was on its bad days. 15-20 sec for forums, threads, control panel, everything --- t'ain't my ISP --- sciforums is fine, chemical forums is fine --- PF is ssssllllloooooowwwwwww.

Physics news on Phys.org
Well that really surprises me. The actual file sizes of each page are reduced by 20% and the new forum code is supposed to be better optimized and faster. Maybe you just need to wait for things to be cached. I'm on cable internet and PF takes about 2 seconds for every page to load. Hmmm...

"...optimized..." Ummm hmmmm ---- that explains a lot, actually.

Do you mean a PHP accelerator of sorts

The_Professional said:
Do you mean a PHP accelerator of sorts

As in cleaner and more efficient code

Okay --- ran a few "experiments" --- navigating in my normal fashion (forum to thread to next page and back, back, back on the browser bar) it's 6-10 sec to load at each step, and around 10 to "unload" with each "back" step. Using the "forum jump" at the bottom of pages (in the forums, or in the threads) runs around 15 sec (too slow to do more than once or twice), no hints of new topics or anything else, and an accidental "back" is a real mess.

Is there some "cleaner, more efficient" navigational method to be used with the "cleaner, more efficient" code?

Bystander said:
Okay --- ran a few "experiments" --- navigating in my normal fashion (forum to thread to next page and back, back, back on the browser bar) it's 6-10 sec to load at each step, and around 10 to "unload" with each "back" step. Using the "forum jump" at the bottom of pages (in the forums, or in the threads) runs around 15 sec (too slow to do more than once or twice), no hints of new topics or anything else, and an accidental "back" is a real mess.

Is there some "cleaner, more efficient" navigational method to be used with the "cleaner, more efficient" code?

First time I've seen bystander get a little testy :biggrin:

To be honest I'm not sure why you are having so much trouble with loading time. My home and school computer loads pages in 1-2 seconds. Is anyone else have long load times?

Can you run a tracert for me bystander to see if there is an outside influence?

By and large I have no problems with loading, although occassionally it does take a considerable amount of time for pages to load. For me it only seems to be a random occurrence with low probability of happening though.

pf seems fine to me. I can only suppose it's neither your local connection, nor pf itself, but some router/pipe between you and pf.

- Warren

Caught things busy enough today to see sort of what's going on --- looks like I'm getting "refresh" triggered on every navigation step. Now all I got to do is find how to turn that off.

1. How does "Speed up Your Software Performance - PF3" work?

"Speed up Your Software Performance - PF3" works by optimizing the code and processes of a software program to make it run faster and more efficiently. It identifies and eliminates any unnecessary or redundant steps, and can also make use of parallel processing to speed up tasks.

2. Can "Speed up Your Software Performance - PF3" be used for any type of software?

Yes, "Speed up Your Software Performance - PF3" is designed to work with any type of software, whether it is a desktop application, a web application, or a mobile app. It can be used for both simple and complex programs.

3. How long does it take for "Speed up Your Software Performance - PF3" to improve software performance?

The time it takes for "Speed up Your Software Performance - PF3" to improve software performance varies depending on the size and complexity of the software. In general, it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for noticeable improvements to be seen.

4. Is "Speed up Your Software Performance - PF3" a one-time solution?

No, "Speed up Your Software Performance - PF3" is not a one-time solution. Software performance can deteriorate over time due to updates, changes in hardware, and other factors. It is recommended to regularly run "Speed up Your Software Performance - PF3" to maintain optimal performance.

5. Can "Speed up Your Software Performance - PF3" fix all performance issues with a software program?

No, "Speed up Your Software Performance - PF3" is not a magic solution that can fix all performance issues with a software program. It can greatly improve performance, but if the software has fundamental design flaws, it may not be able to fully optimize it. It is best used as a tool to improve performance rather than a fix-all solution.