Schrodinger's Ass: American Politics Paradox

• News
  • Thread starter SeManTics
  • Start date
In summary, the American Politics has gone down the tubes. Party members are influenced by their own agendas instead of what is best for the people.
SeManTics
Sometimes I feel that American Politics has gone the way of the mammoth. I cannot trust the Dems nor the Gops. And this whole Kerry in Vietnam War issue, with both sides screwing the facts so much the truth is permanently blurred, just put all of American Politics OUTSIDE THE BOX. The whole of American politics has becomes so stupid. For every issue, if one democrat or republican takes one side of an issue, his entire party HAS to agree and the other party HAS to disagree. It's like the Asses claiming Schrodinger's cat is alive, and the elephants claiming it's dead, without even looking. This is the new paradox that I call Schrodinger's Ass. :frown: :grumpy: :bugeye: :yuck:

Physics news on Phys.org
But you see, the elephants have hired this hitman to secretly enter the box and "finish off" the cat in the dead of the night - and make it look like an accident. Hmmm...exciting wot ? Wonder what'll happen next ?

That's not my point. In Schrodinger's Ass, the ass and the elephant are screwing with the facts to defend a party member or discredit another party's members. Because of this, we will never know if the cat is alive or dead - one party will tell us it is alive, the other that it is dead.

Most people out there realize this, and hopefully, the young people who will go on to be the politicians of the future will try not to fall into this trap.

Yeah, that's true.

You see the asses had a spy that photographed the elephants' hitman entering the box in the dead of the night. The photographs got released through an ass leak. But the elephants claim that it was really an ass hired actor made out to look like an elephants' hitman. So the asses should rot in Hell for deceiving the public.

For all we know there was never a cat in the box ever; or perhaps the elephants' hitman let the cat out...

Hey, I'm just kidding ! :biggrin: Welcome to the band of the secretly disenchanted ! Oops, we just let the secret out, eh ?

I like it, Semantics. I agree - the parties these days are just knee jerk reactions of each other. Real people don't fit into the mold (very few do, anyway): I'm a pro-choice, pro-gun control Republican, for example.

Last edited:
russ_watters said:
I'm a pro-choice, pro-gun control Republican, for example.

More like a commie bastard if you ask me :rofl:

1. What is Schrodinger's Ass: American Politics Paradox?

Schrodinger's Ass: American Politics Paradox is a hypothetical situation that explores the paradoxical nature of American politics, inspired by the famous thought experiment Schrodinger's Cat. It suggests that American politics simultaneously exists in two contradictory states, both stable and unstable, until observed.

2. Who came up with the concept of Schrodinger's Ass: American Politics Paradox?

The concept was first proposed by political scientist and satirist, Michael Arnovitz, in 2016. He published an article on Medium discussing the paradoxical nature of American politics and how it resembles Schrodinger's Cat thought experiment.

3. What are the two contradictory states of American politics in Schrodinger's Ass?

The two contradictory states are stability and instability. The paradox suggests that American politics can be seen as both stable and unstable at the same time, until observed or measured.

4. How does Schrodinger's Ass relate to American politics?

The paradox highlights the unpredictable and chaotic nature of American politics, where events and outcomes can seem contradictory or paradoxical. It also reflects how our perceptions and observations shape our understanding of politics and the reality we live in.

5. Is Schrodinger's Ass a valid concept in understanding American politics?

Schrodinger's Ass is not a scientifically proven concept, but rather a thought experiment and a satirical take on the current state of American politics. It serves as a creative way to explore the complexities and contradictions of the political landscape in the United States.