Help i can't really understand

• Thread starter dyenz
  • Start date
In summary, if the velocity is constant, the acceleration of a certain car would be 0 (m/s^2) as the derivative of a constant is 0. The derivative is a measure of how a function changes as its input changes, and it is not necessary for this level of physics.
dyenz
what is the acceleration of a certain car if the velocity is constant?? is it zero?

Physics news on Phys.org
The acceleration is the derivative of the velocity respect to time so if the velocity is constant, the acceleration would be 0 (m/s^2) (as the derivative of a constant is 0)

what's the meaning of derivative?

dyenz said:
what's the meaning of derivative?

Velocity is speed in a straight line. If the velocity is constant, there is no change in velocity, which is what acceleration is, so acceleration is 0 by definition. (Unless your teacher is very sneaky and is talking about the acceleration due to gravity.)

Derivatives are not necessary for this level of physics. Apparently you haven't had calculus, yet.

Last edited:

What does "Help i can't really understand" mean?

"Help i can't really understand" is a phrase often used when someone is struggling to comprehend something or needs assistance in understanding a concept or idea.

Why do people say "Help i can't really understand"?

People say "Help i can't really understand" when they are facing difficulty in comprehending a situation, concept, or idea. It is a way of expressing their need for assistance or clarification.

How can I help someone who says "Help i can't really understand"?

If someone says "Help i can't really understand", the best way to help them is by patiently explaining the concept in a simplified manner or breaking it down into smaller, easier-to-understand parts. You can also provide additional resources or examples to aid in their understanding.

Is it normal to say "Help i can't really understand"?

Yes, it is normal to say "Help i can't really understand" when someone is facing difficulty in understanding something. It is a natural response to seek help when encountering a challenging or unfamiliar concept.

What should I do if I can't understand something?

If you can't understand something, it is important to seek help and ask questions. You can ask a teacher, colleague, or friend for clarification, or do some research on your own to gain a better understanding. It's okay to admit when you don't understand something and seek assistance.