Subscribing to Forums Easily with My PF - Confirmation Message Requested

• Thread starter Mentallic
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker discusses a shortcut from My PF to a commonly used forum, which includes a handy feature that allows for subscribing to the forum. However, there is a problem with the placement of the unsubscribe button, causing accidental unsubscribing. The speaker suggests adding a confirmation message to this action. They also express interest in subscribing to a feature that notifies them when their post is quoted. However, the forum is currently at an end-of-life point and any programming modifications would be difficult to implement at this time.
Mentallic
Homework Helper
I use the shortcut from My PF to get to a forum I commonly use by subscribing to that forum. It's a very handy feature that I feel sets this forum apart from many others on the net, so I'm glad it's here :smile:

However, the only problem I have with it is that the unsubscribe button is just underneath the actual forum link, so sometimes I'll accidentally misclick the forum link and unsubscribe instead. It's just a little nuisance that I'd have to go back to the forum manually and re-subscribe, and from then on I'd be cautious of where I'm pressing just so I don't actually slip and land on those unsubscribe buttons again.

So I suggest there be a confirmation message to this action.

Physics news on Phys.org
And while you're at subscriptions, I would love to subscribe to "quoted", to have a notification if somebody quoted my post anywhere.

Greg Bernhardt said:
I'll test it and see how we can make it more convenient. thanks!

Thanks Greg :smile:

Andre said:
And while you're at subscriptions, I would love to subscribe to "quoted", to have a notification if somebody quoted my post anywhere.

That would be a neat feature! Unfortunately we are at a end-of-life point in our software and any programming modifications will need to be converted for next upgrade and that is a huge PITA :)

Greg Bernhardt said:
That would be a neat feature! Unfortunately we are at a end-of-life point in our software and any programming modifications will need to be converted for next upgrade and that is a huge PITA :)

:eek:!

What is "Subscribing to Forums Easily with My PF - Confirmation Message Requested"?

"Subscribing to Forums Easily with My PF - Confirmation Message Requested" is a feature that allows users to easily subscribe to forums on the PF (Public Forums) platform.

How does "Subscribing to Forums Easily with My PF - Confirmation Message Requested" work?

When a user clicks on the "Subscribe" button on a forum, they will receive a confirmation message requesting their confirmation to subscribe. Once they confirm, they will be subscribed to the forum and will receive notifications for new posts.

Can I unsubscribe from a forum after using this feature?

Yes, you can unsubscribe from a forum at any time by clicking on the "Unsubscribe" button on the forum page. This will stop any notifications for new posts on that forum.

Do I need an account to use this feature?

Yes, you need to have an account on the PF platform to use this feature. If you do not have an account, you will be prompted to create one before subscribing to a forum.

Are there any limitations to this feature?

This feature is currently only available for forums on the PF platform. It is not available for other platforms or websites. Additionally, users can only subscribe to a maximum of 10 forums at a time.