Hope for Humanity Fading: Occasional Moments of Restoration

• Thread starter martix
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of hope and its presence in today's world. Some individuals believe there is still hope for humanity, while others are more pessimistic. The conversation also touches on the topic of civilization's stability and the impact of technology and media on society. Despite differing opinions, the overall sentiment is that change is possible but it requires taking action rather than just complaining.
martix
...fading
Sometimes I almost feel there is still hope left and then I see something like this.

There is the occasional moment of "Hope restored", but those feel rarer and rarer. :)

Attachments

• Sad.png
    Sad.png
    4.7 KB · Views: 496
Physics news on Phys.org
In my opinion no hope. Humans will get stupider and selfish and will not remain human anymore. Then will come anarchy and destruction.

Civilization's been somewhat unstable for thousands of years (most notably Rome's fall,) but it's still around. Why should it fall to pieces now?

Don't be so negative! There are a million things that are far better now than they've ever been. Even the worst events of today mostly pale in comparison to ancient events. There is still plenty of things I would change, and people live in poverty and slavery in certain places, but overall I can't see anything but an overall improvement in the quality of human life over the last few thousand years.

That said, I do want to punch google in the face for this!

Lol this is what makes you lose hope? If you're looking for it you can find many things orders of magnitude more hope depriving than that.

Try searching for "wish you were here" on youtube. The first results are from avril lavigne :frown:

micromass said:
Try searching for "wish you were here" on youtube. The first results are from avril lavigne :frown:
avril lavigne > pink floyd

micromass said:

WannabeNewton said:
avril lavigne > pink floyd
OMG I clicked on the youtube avril lavgne link. It was kinda like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

20th century produced plenty of folkslike this

yoou bet there's hope.

we become what we think about
so don't let the 24 hour news get you down...

The grass is greenest right along the fence because that's where everybody goes to 'p*** and moan' .
old jim

Last edited by a moderator:
My mother swears by astrology, but I don't hold it against her. She's a very smart woman and her beliefs don't say anything about the person she is. I will say, however, that while I was growing up it was frustrating not being allowed to buy something on certain days because "Mercury went direct" :tongue:

Oh, don't get me started on the music. :)
Yuck.

Heh, but jim is correct. And I don't think I've watched ANY news in like 2 months or more. They kinda feel obsolete and gimmicky by now.

Though on the other hand, however pleasant, all the collective b*tching won't actually do anything to change things. :D

1. What is "Hope for Humanity Fading: Occasional Moments of Restoration"?

"Hope for Humanity Fading: Occasional Moments of Restoration" is a scientific theory that explores the decline of hope for humanity in the face of global issues such as climate change, political unrest, and social inequality. It also recognizes the occasional moments of restoration where individuals and communities come together to make positive changes.

2. What evidence supports this theory?

There is a wealth of evidence supporting the theory of "Hope for Humanity Fading: Occasional Moments of Restoration". This includes global statistics on issues such as poverty, war, and environmental degradation, as well as personal accounts and studies on the impact of these issues on individuals and society.

3. How does this theory impact society?

This theory raises awareness about the current state of humanity and the need for action to address global issues. It also emphasizes the importance of finding hope and working towards positive change, even in the face of overwhelming challenges.

4. What can individuals do to contribute to moments of restoration?

Individuals can contribute to moments of restoration by taking action in their own communities, such as volunteering, donating to causes they care about, and advocating for change. They can also educate themselves and others about global issues and support organizations and initiatives working towards solutions.

5. Is there hope for humanity in the long term?

This theory acknowledges that hope for humanity may fade at times, but it also recognizes the resilience and potential for positive change in individuals and communities. By working together and taking action, there is hope for a better future for humanity in the long term.