C++ Tutorial for Beginners: Learn Programming with Zeeshan

In summary, the conversation is about finding a good C++ programming tutorial for a 13-year-old. Several links and recommendations were provided, including a standard tutorial on cplusplus.com, a thread on physicsforums.com, and a book by Prata. It was also suggested to learn C before learning C++, and to consider learning Python instead if new to programming.
zeeshawn
Hi Everyone!
Does anyone here know where i could find a good C++ programming tutorial. I've always wanted to learn how to progam but i can't find a good tutorial (im only 13 years old..) if anyone knows about a good tutorial please post link here, pm me the link, or email me the link.
Much Appriciated!

-Zeeshan

Technology news on Phys.org
Here is a standard programming tutorial, should be of some help:
http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/

I've also been told that you should learn C before you learn C++, but I don't remember why that was a good ide. :tongue:

Thanks eveyone! Much appricated!

ranger said:
You can also supplement your books with this:
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=196863

You can also pick up C++ Primer Plus by Prata. This teaches C++ by introducing C. But it is not a book for learning C. Prata has a separate book for that.

Thank you!

MrGandalf said:
Here is a standard programming tutorial, should be of some help:
http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/

I've also been told that you should learn C before you learn C++, but I don't remember why that was a good ide. :tongue:

i like this tutorial

C++ is a nice Object Oriented language, but a little difficult. If you're new to programming, perhaps Python is a nice solution for you. After understanding the basics you can go to the next level.

Code:
[PLAIN]http://www.python.org/
[/PLAIN]

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is C++?

C++ is a high-level, general-purpose programming language that was developed in the 1980s as an extension of the C programming language. It is an object-oriented language, meaning it allows programmers to create objects that have properties and methods. C++ is widely used in various industries and is known for its efficiency and versatility.

2. Why should I learn C++?

C++ is a very powerful and widely used language, making it a valuable skill to have in the job market. Many high-paying jobs in fields such as software development, game development, and finance require knowledge of C++. Additionally, learning C++ will give you a strong foundation in programming concepts that can be applied to other languages.

3. Is C++ difficult to learn?

Like any programming language, C++ has a learning curve. However, with dedication and practice, it is a very manageable language to learn. It is important to have a strong understanding of fundamental programming concepts before diving into C++. Taking the time to learn the basics thoroughly will make learning C++ much easier.

4. How can I get started with learning C++?

There are many resources available for learning C++, such as online tutorials, books, and courses. "C++ Tutorial for Beginners: Learn Programming with Zeeshan" is a great place to start as it provides a comprehensive guide for beginners. It is also important to practice writing code on your own and to seek help from more experienced programmers when needed.

5. Can I use C++ for web development?

C++ is not commonly used for web development. However, it can be used for server-side programming and has been used to develop web servers and web applications. For front-end web development, other languages such as HTML, CSS, and JavaScript are typically used.