Exothermic Reactions for Project Experiments

In summary, the conversation is about a student looking for specific examples of organic liquid-liquid reactions for their project work. They ask for help and clarification on whether the reactions need to be non-aqueous or aqueous. The other person suggests citric acid with sodium ethanoate as an example, but also mentions that it may be simpler to use sodium hydroxide instead.
Shri
Hii..

Can anyone tel me... some Exothermic Liquid reactions to carry out experiments for my project work...

Chemistry news on Phys.org
What about H+ + OH-.

hi.. Thank u for your reply...
im looking for some organic liquid-liquid reactions ... u have any idea ..?

please let me know...

Thank u

Shri

Do you need it to be non-aqueous , for instance could you deal with organic aqueous solutions i.e. organic compound dissolved in water?

It can be non aqueous or aqueous ... can u please name them ... i want some specific examples... pleasezz let me know...

Thanking you

shri

Shri said:
It can be non aqueous or aqueous ... can u please name them ... i want some specific examples... pleasezz let me know...

Thanking you

shri

Honestly this is your research. The topic of organic acid base reactions should be relevant to what you want.

Yeh... ur rite... I am a research student.. but I am a chemical engineering student ... so i don't know much of the chemistry... i have been searching from 2 months but could not able to find out.. pleasez help me in this regard... some reactions can u suggest me so that i can proceed further in my project ...

hope u will do some favor ...

Shri

I'm sure that there are more popular ones out there, but here's one

citric acid with sodium ethanoate

The calculations won't be so simple with this one

If possible you can substitute the ethanoate with sodium hydroxide , that would simplify things and the exothermicity may be more observable.

1. What is an exothermic reaction?

An exothermic reaction is a chemical reaction that releases energy in the form of heat. This means that the reaction gives off heat to the surrounding environment, causing an increase in temperature.

2. How can I identify if a reaction is exothermic?

One way to identify an exothermic reaction is by using a thermometer to measure the temperature change during the reaction. If the temperature increases, it is likely an exothermic reaction. Additionally, you can observe if there is a production of light or sound, as these are also signs of an exothermic reaction.

3. What are some examples of exothermic reactions?

Some common examples of exothermic reactions include combustion reactions (such as burning wood or gasoline), neutralization reactions (such as mixing an acid and a base), and oxidation reactions (such as rusting of iron).

4. How can I conduct an exothermic reaction experiment?

To conduct an exothermic reaction experiment, you will need to choose a specific reaction and gather the necessary materials. Then, carefully follow the instructions and safety precautions provided in a reliable source, such as a scientific journal or educational website. Always wear protective gear and perform the experiment in a well-ventilated area.

5. Can exothermic reactions be dangerous?

Yes, some exothermic reactions can be dangerous if not handled properly. They can produce large amounts of heat and can even cause explosions. It is important to always take proper safety precautions and follow instructions carefully when conducting an exothermic reaction experiment.