Where can I find an interactive binary/AVL tree animation?

In summary, the conversation revolved around a student-made animation project about tree structures at Washington States University. The speaker found it to be an interesting project and believes it is a helpful resource for understanding tree structures. They expressed difficulty in finding the project again and asked if anyone knows of similar sites. Another user provided a link to the animation project, which was the site the speaker had been looking for.
Pattielli
I used to know about this kind of animation made by some students in Washington States University (?), it was really an interesting project, I think people who don't know anything about tree structures, just need to give it a look, then they can grasp how they work immediately, I have recently tried to search for it again but haven't found anything...I think I forgot the site name...
Anyone here knows of any sites where I can see something similar ?

Thank you very much,

Computer science news on Phys.org
Anyone please ?

Last edited:
Something like this?
http://www.seanet.com/users/arsen/avltree.html (from http://www.cs.ust.hk/~gchan/comp171/ )

Last edited by a moderator:
That is what I was looking for,

Thank you so very much,

What is a binary/AVL tree animation?

A binary tree animation is a visual representation of a binary tree data structure. It shows how data is stored and organized in a tree-like structure, with each node having two child nodes. An AVL tree animation is a type of binary tree animation that maintains balance in the tree by automatically performing rotations when nodes are inserted or deleted.

Why is a binary/AVL tree animation useful?

A binary/AVL tree animation is useful for understanding how binary trees work and how data is organized in a tree structure. It can also be used to visualize the balancing process in AVL trees, making it easier to understand and analyze the performance of these data structures.

How is a binary/AVL tree animation created?

A binary/AVL tree animation can be created using various programming languages and libraries, such as Java, JavaScript, or Python. These animations usually involve creating a data structure to store the tree nodes and using algorithms to traverse and manipulate the tree to create the animation.

What are the benefits of using a binary/AVL tree animation?

A binary/AVL tree animation provides a visual representation of data organization and allows for a better understanding of how binary trees work. It can also help identify potential issues or inefficiencies in the tree structure, making it a useful tool for debugging and improving the performance of these data structures.

Are there any limitations to using a binary/AVL tree animation?

One limitation of using a binary/AVL tree animation is that it may not accurately represent the actual performance of these data structures in real-world scenarios. The animation may not account for factors such as memory management or the efficiency of specific algorithms used in the implementation of binary/AVL trees.