Guessalogical Physics Practices

• Thread starter Janus20
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, the conversation discusses the practices of Physikniks and Engineers, with one person having a negative view of Physikniks and their reliance on engineers for taxes. They also mention a diagram that disproves thermodynamic Guessology. Another person counters this view by stating they are an engineer who is constantly subject to peer review and that the other person has a narrow understanding of scientific establishments. The conversation then turns into insults and is ultimately locked.
Janus20
Why do Physikniks operate such bizarre practices? Engineers could not survive if they had to rely on Peer reviews by a circle of self serving Maypole dancing, consenting adults. Without engineers there would be no taxes for Physikniks to piss up the wall; in their struggle for survival.

Diagram 2 at http://www.thewebspert.com/cresswell/ clearly destroys thermodynamic Guessology and that's just the tip of the biggest iceberg since Pontius was a Pilot.

:rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm an engineer, and I'm subject to peer review literally all the time. You seem to have a very narrow (and poor) understanding of the way scientific establishments operate.

- Warren

hooray for free energy?

<i understood just about NOTHING that was brought up in that link. is he somehow suggesting that conservation of energy is a sham?>

chroot said:
I'm an engineer, and I'm subject to peer review literally all the time. You seem to have a very narrow (and poor) understanding of the way scientific establishments operate.

- Warren

You are not an engineer. You are a student with delusions of grandeur. I know only too well how "scientific" establishments operate.

They do not defecate into a flush toilet. They defecate into the brains of fellow consenting adults.

It is your democratic right to die stupid. You do not have the right to take innocent people with you.

Fight with me and you will die like a washed up Vaudeville comedian.

Sorry Dude, This is a board for dissucussing physics not abusing others.

Locked.

As comedic as this thread was, I must argue one plain fact: I hold a BSEE from Virginia Tech, and work as an (drum roll) electrical engineer.

- Warren

1. What is Guessalogical Physics Practices?

Guessalogical Physics Practices is a branch of physics that combines traditional scientific methods with the use of intuition and educated guesses to explain complex phenomena.

2. How is Guessalogical Physics Practices different from traditional physics?

The main difference between Guessalogical Physics Practices and traditional physics is the use of intuition and educated guesses. While traditional physics relies solely on empirical data and experimentation, Guessalogical Physics Practices incorporates elements of creativity and imagination.

3. Who uses Guessalogical Physics Practices?

Guessalogical Physics Practices is used by a variety of scientists, including physicists, mathematicians, and even philosophers. It is also commonly used in interdisciplinary fields, such as quantum computing and artificial intelligence.

4. What are the benefits of using Guessalogical Physics Practices?

Guessalogical Physics Practices allows scientists to think outside the box and explore new ideas and theories that may not have been considered with traditional methods. It also encourages creativity and innovation in problem-solving.

5. Are there any limitations to Guessalogical Physics Practices?

Like any scientific method, Guessalogical Physics Practices has its limitations. It is important to remember that intuition and educated guesses are not always accurate and must be backed up by empirical evidence. Additionally, Guessalogical Physics Practices may not be suitable for all fields of study and may require a combination of traditional and alternative methods.