Messages not stored in sent folder (PF mobilel app)

• Thread starter Saitama
  • Start date
In summary, there are several possible reasons for messages not showing up in the sent folder on the PF mobile app, such as poor internet connection, technical issues, or saving the messages as drafts instead of sending them. If the messages were not sent successfully and not saved as drafts, they cannot be retrieved. However, if they were saved as drafts, they can be found in the drafts folder and resent. You can also change the settings in the app to automatically save sent messages in the sent folder, but this may take up more storage space. If the issue persists, try logging out and logging back in or contact technical support. You can also access your sent messages on the PF website if they are not stored in the mobile app's sent folder
Saitama
Whenever I send a PM through the mobile site of PF, the PM isn't stored in the sent folder as it happens when I send a PM through my PC. What's going on here? :confused:

Physics news on Phys.org
Pranav-Arora said:
Whenever I send a PM through the mobile site of PF, the PM isn't stored in the sent folder as it happens when I send a PM through my PC. What's going on here? :confused:

Thanks for the feedback. We'll look into it!

1. Why are my messages not showing up in the sent folder on the PF mobile app?

There could be several reasons for this. It is possible that your messages were not sent successfully due to poor internet connection or a technical issue with the app. Another possibility is that the messages were saved as drafts instead of being sent. It is also important to check if the message was sent to the correct recipient.

2. Can I retrieve the messages that were not stored in the sent folder?

If the messages were not sent successfully and were not saved as drafts, unfortunately, they cannot be retrieved. However, if they were saved as drafts, you can find them in the drafts folder and send them again.

3. Is there a way to change the settings so that all my messages are automatically saved in the sent folder?

Yes, you can change the settings in the PF mobile app to automatically save all your sent messages in the sent folder. Go to the app's settings and look for the option to save sent messages. Keep in mind that this may take up more storage space on your device.

4. I have checked my internet connection and the recipient, but my messages are still not showing up in the sent folder. What should I do?

If you have ruled out technical issues and incorrect recipients, try logging out of the app and logging back in. This can refresh the app and may resolve the issue. If the problem persists, you may need to contact technical support for further assistance.

5. Can I view my sent messages on the PF website if they are not stored in the mobile app's sent folder?

Yes, you can access your messages on the PF website even if they are not stored in the mobile app's sent folder. Simply log in to your account on the website and navigate to the messages section to view your sent messages.