Wiki Link Problem - Trivial Issue

• Thread starter adjacent
  • Start date
In summary, a Wiki Link Problem refers to an issue where a link on a wiki page is not functioning properly or leads to an incorrect destination. To fix this problem, you can try refreshing the page or clearing your browser's cache, or editing the link to ensure the URL is correct. Wiki Link Problems can be caused by various factors, such as incorrect formatting, broken links, or changes in the destination page's URL. If you encounter a Wiki Link Problem, you can report it to the wiki platform or contact the administrator or page creator. To prevent Wiki Link Problems, double-check links before publishing and regularly update outdated ones.
adjacent
Gold Member
Just a trivial issue. Whenever I post a url of a wiki link directly & if it contains a bracket at the end, then the bracket gets removed from the link;

Example: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallel_universe_(fiction )

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Thank you :smile:

1. What is a Wiki Link Problem?

A Wiki Link Problem refers to an issue where a link on a wiki page is not functioning properly or leads to an incorrect destination.

2. How can I fix a Wiki Link Problem?

To fix a Wiki Link Problem, you can try refreshing the page or clearing your browser's cache. If the issue persists, you can try editing the link and ensuring that the URL is correct.

3. What causes Wiki Link Problems?

Wiki Link Problems can be caused by various factors, such as incorrect formatting of the link, a broken link, or a change in the destination page's URL.

4. Can I report a Wiki Link Problem?

Yes, most wiki platforms have a feature for reporting issues or errors on pages. You can also contact the wiki's administrator or the page's creator to notify them of the problem.

5. How can I prevent Wiki Link Problems?

To prevent Wiki Link Problems, make sure to double-check the links before publishing them on a wiki page. Also, regularly check and update any links that may have changed or become outdated.