Did PF just send out an email?

• Thread starter bobby2k
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around receiving an email about "hot topics" and questioning its legitimacy. The other participants confirmed that they also received the email and believed it to be legitimate. They also discussed the purpose of the email and the possibility of unsubscribing from future emails.
bobby2k
Hello, let me just say I have no problem with you sending out email, I just want to know if it is legit and not a phishing attempt. I just got curious since I haven't gotten these mails before.

I got an email about "hot topics", is it legit?

Physics news on Phys.org
I got the same email.

StevieTNZ said:
I got the same email.

I see, thanks for the reply, then it is probably ok.

bobby2k said:
I got an email about "hot topics", is it legit?
I thought it was awesome. I had missed the latest posts on the BICEP 2 wrong? thread.

dlgoff said:
I thought it was awesome.

Whatever turns you on. With an exclamation mark at the end almost of every sentence my BS filter classified it as, er. BS. Especially since it starts by telling me I'm a member of PF (with exclamation mark). I know I only have the attention span of a goldfish (about 7 seconds), so thanks for reminding me.

I guess it's something to do with that "Soshul Meeja" dude who seems to be all the rage these days :smile:

Is it possible to "unsubscribe" from such broadcast emails?
(I visit PF quite often, so there's no need to send them to me.)

strangerep said:
Is it possible to "unsubscribe" from such broadcast emails?
(I visit PF quite often, so there's no need to send them to me.)

There is an unsubscribe link. Future emails will respect that.

1. What is the purpose of the email sent by PF?

The purpose of the email sent by PF may vary depending on the specific context and content of the email. It could be to inform recipients about updates or changes, to request action or response, or to provide important information or announcements.

2. Who received the email from PF?

The email sent by PF could have been received by a specific group of individuals, such as employees, customers, or subscribers. It could also have been sent to a larger audience or mailing list.

3. Is the email from PF legitimate?

It is important to verify the legitimacy of any email, especially if it is from a source or sender that is unfamiliar. Look for signs of phishing or scams, and if in doubt, contact PF directly through a trusted source to confirm the authenticity of the email.

4. Can I unsubscribe from PF's email list?

Most emails from companies or organizations will include an option to unsubscribe or manage email preferences. This allows recipients to opt out of receiving future emails or choose which types of emails they want to receive from PF.

5. What should I do if I did not receive the email from PF?

If you were expecting to receive an email from PF but did not, there could be a few reasons for this. Check your spam or junk folder to see if the email was filtered there. You can also contact PF directly to inquire about the email or to ensure your contact information is up to date.