Bush: Paranoid, Moody, and Megalomanic

• News
  • Thread starter Dissident Dan
  • Start date
In summary: Bush has not attended a single funeral, other than that of President Reagan. The book also talks about how Bush avoided responsibility for his actions, such as the Iraq war. In summary, Bush is a paranoid meglomaniac with untreated alcoholism. He has a history of avoiding grief, starting with the death of his sister when he was 7 years old.
Dissident Dan
Well, I stumbled across these articles today:

http://infowars.com/print/Bush/bush_delusiona.htm
The carefully-crafted image of George W. Bush as a bold, decisive leader is cracking under the weight of new revelations that the erratic President is indecisive, moody, paranoid and delusional.

“More and more this brings back memories of the Nixon White House,” says retired political science professor George Harleigh, who worked for President Nixon during the second presidential term that ended in resignation under fire. “I haven't heard any reports of President Bush wondering the halls talking to portraits of dead Presidents but what I have been told is disturbing.”

Two weeks ago, Capitol Hill Blue revealed that a growing number of White House aides are concerned about the President's mental stability. They told harrowing tales of violent mood swings, bouts with paranoia and obscene outbursts from a President who wears his religion on his sleeve.
President Bush has not attended a single funeral - other than that of President Reagan. In my book I explore some possible reasons for that, whether or not it is "presidential". I am less interested in judging his behavior on political grounds than I am in thinking about its meaning both to him and to the rest of us,” Dr. Frank says. “He has spent a lifetime of avoiding grief, starting with the death of his sister when he was 7 years old. His parents didn't help him with what must have been confusing and frightening feelings. He also has a history of evading responsibility and perhaps his not attending funerals has to do with not wanting to see the damage his policies have wrought.”
Dr. Carolyn Williams, a psychoanalyst who specializes in paranoid personalities, is a registered Republican and agrees with most of Dr. Frank's conclusions.

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publish/article_4687.shtml
A new book by a prominent Washington psychoanalyst says President George W. Bush is a "paranoid meglomaniac" as well as a sadist and "untreated alcoholic." The doctor's analysis appears to confirm earlier reports the President may be emotionally unstable.

Dr. Justin Frank, writing in Bush on the Couch: Inside the Mind of the President, also says the President has a ""lifelong streak of sadism, ranging from childhood pranks (using firecrackers to explode frogs) to insulting journalists, gloating over state executions ... [and] pumping his fist gleefully before the bombing of Baghdad."
...[text shortened]...
Aides, who spoke only on condition that their names be withheld, told stories of wide mood swings by the President who would go from quoting the Bible one minute to obscenity-filled outbursts the next.

Bush shows an inability to grieve - dating back to age 7, when his sister died. "The family's reaction - no funeral and no mourning - set in motion his life-long pattern of turning away from pain [and hiding] behind antic behavior," says Frank, who says Bush may suffer from Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.

Find more with google: http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=bush+paranoid

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Yeah, I think many saw it comming. There were reports that he is/was taking proscribed drugs to combat mood swings, to stabilize his behavior. There were reports he was/is using alcohol currently. I have only heard of these problems and do not know of any documents that can attest to these assertions.

these are left sites.

http://www.counterpunch.org/wormer1011.html

http://democrats.com/display.cfm?id=154

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't know about the sister dying when he was a child. That can always contribute to a fragile (if brittle) personality. Still, I don't have much use for remote control psychoanalysis; something like this has been turned on nearly every president.

I'm no fan of Bush's, but this is a terrible tactic for a psychiatrist to use. I hate it when Krauthammer does it to Democrats, and it is no better to use it on Bush. There are two things to keep in mind. First, no competent psychiatrist puts a lot of credance behind a remote diagnosis. Even a criminal profiler only uses their profile to help catch the culprit. They don't use such sketchy profiles in court. Second, no reputable psychiatrist would betray a patient's diagnosis. Publishing a public diagnosis is a reprehensible concept.

Psychiatrists should not be barred from commenting publicly on political figures, but they should not publicly psychoanalyse them. Doing so indicates more about the analyst than the politician. It indicates that the doctor is incompetent and disreputable.

Njorl

Could be Njorl, Still its best to be forewarned.

If you noticed, the first article states:

Dr. Carolyn Williams, a psychoanalyst who specializes in paranoid personalities, is a registered Republican and agrees with most of Dr. Frank's conclusions.

Why being wary of the accuracy of a remote diagnosis, I would not use that as grounds to immediately dismiss it. Many people have noticed many psychological problems with bush, such as bush apparently thinking he is the agent of god.

White House aides attested to his mood swings.

Considering the heavy burden on Bush' shoulders i find his behaviour extremely impressive

I don't think that we need leaders who are prone to change from one moment citing the bible to the next moment yelling obscenities. I don't think that we need a president who thinks that he's the agent of god.

studentx said:
Considering the heavy burden on Bush' shoulders i find his behaviour extremely impressive

Creating a war on lies, and getting most of your country to go along with it is most impressive.

Citing the bible is what every President has done. Yelling obscenities is human. I could quote many of you doing the same! Ever read the bible? Let the innocent one cast the first stone.
Hes tactless, but i rather have a tactless president than one who isn't willing to confront this Jihad. The burden Bush is carrying around like Jesus' cross is that half the planet hates him. I don't think Jesus himself could carry that one.

And it surprises me that you anti war people continuously ignore the fact there is massive support for this war. I wasnt mislead about this war. I was just one of many who were intelligent enough to realize that having WMD or not is totally irrelevant.

Last edited:
studentx said:
Citing the bible is what every President has done.
I don't recall Bush ever citing the Bible, but I do remember Clinton and the Holy Most Reverend Jesse Jackson praying together in the White House. A very touching moment for me.

Bush is still stylistically acting like one trying to reckon and reason with the public in his TV appearances. What he says may not be satisfactory and may cover over a rat's nest of secrets and inconsistencies, but he is still putting over pretty good style IMO. He could win the style race against Kerry.

I agree with Njorl. Very good point.

studentx said:
I was just one of many who were intelligent enough to realize that having WMD or not is totally irrelevant.
:rofl: :rofl:

Robert Zaleski said:
I don't recall Bush ever citing the Bible, but I do remember Clinton and the Holy Most Reverend Jesse Jackson praying together in the White House. A very touching moment for me.

Notice that Clinton was happy to pray with Jackson, but he effectively isolated Jackson as a political factor. Clinton collected the black vote in droves without ever asking Jackson to support him. Basically by the end of the Clinton years Jackson was reduced to a local Chicago figure doing photo-ops to an increasinglly bored press.

1. What is the definition of "paranoid" in relation to Bush?

Paranoid is defined as having a constant suspicion or fear of others, even when there is no evidence to support it. In the context of Bush, it refers to his belief that others are out to get him or undermine his authority.

2. How does Bush's moodiness manifest in his behavior?

Bush's moodiness is often characterized by sudden and extreme mood swings, from anger and aggression to withdrawal and depression. This can be seen in his interactions with others and in his decision-making process.

3. Is there evidence to support the claim that Bush is megalomaniacal?

There is evidence to suggest that Bush exhibits traits of megalomania, such as an inflated sense of self-importance, a desire for unlimited power, and a disregard for the feelings and opinions of others. However, it is ultimately up to individual interpretation and cannot be definitively proven.

4. Has Bush's paranoia, moodiness, and megalomania affected his presidency?

It is widely debated whether Bush's personal characteristics have influenced his presidency. Some argue that his paranoia has led to aggressive foreign policies and strained relationships with other countries. Others argue that his moodiness has affected his decision-making and ability to work with others.

5. Are there any potential underlying causes for Bush's reported behaviors?

Without a thorough psychological evaluation, it is impossible to definitively determine the underlying causes of Bush's behaviors. However, some experts have theorized that past experiences, such as his father's political success and his struggles with addiction, may have contributed to his reported characteristics.