Where Can I Find a Comprehensive Reference for Bond Strengths?

In summary, a reference for bond strength is a value used to measure the strength of a chemical bond. This measurement is typically done in units of energy per mole and is important for comparing and predicting the behavior of different chemical bonds. References for bond strength values can be found in scientific journals, textbooks, and online databases. These values can vary greatly depending on the type of bond, with covalent bonds typically having stronger bond strengths than ionic or metallic bonds.
Hyo X
Hi,
I am looking for a good reference on the relative strengths of several bonds. (I think this is the same as bond dissociation energy?)
I.E., C-C, C-S, C-N, S-Au, etc.
Is there a good reference out there? thanks

Chemistry news on Phys.org
I found this one
http://www.q1.fcen.uba.ar/materias/qi1/Tablas/disocia.pdf

It's pretty good but it doesn't have Au-N bond.
Does Au-N bond or is it some kind of physisorption rather than chemical bond

1. What is a reference for bond strength?

A reference for bond strength is a value that is used to measure the strength of a chemical bond between two atoms or molecules.

2. How is bond strength measured?

Bond strength is typically measured in units of energy per mole, such as kilojoules per mole (kJ/mol) or electron volts (eV).

3. Why is it important to have a reference for bond strength?

Having a reference for bond strength allows scientists to compare the strength of different chemical bonds and predict how they will behave in reactions.

4. Where can I find references for bond strength values?

References for bond strength values can be found in scientific journals, textbooks, and online databases such as NIST Chemistry WebBook.

5. How do bond strength values vary for different types of chemical bonds?

Bond strength values can vary greatly depending on the type of bond, such as covalent, ionic, or metallic. Generally, covalent bonds have stronger bond strengths than ionic or metallic bonds.