Florida Man Arrested After Offering Free Breast Exams

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Exams
In summary, a 76-year-old man claiming to be a doctor went door-to-door in a Florida neighborhood offering free breast exams, and was charged with sexually assaulting two women who accepted the offer. When the women became suspicious and asked for gloves, the man allegedly told them that he was a doctor and that he needed to do a genital exam without gloves in order to perform the exam. He stayed at a Holiday Inn last night.
Pengwuino
Gold Member
http://famulus.msnbc.com/famulusgen/reuters04-20-083140.asp?t=renew&vts=42020061119

MIAMI, April 20 — A 76-year-old man claiming to be a doctor went door-to-door in a Florida neighborhood offering free breast exams, and was charged with sexually assaulting two women who accepted the offer, police said Thursday.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
hmm I wonder if it was the drool that gave him away?

Nah, I think it was the laughter.

Where is my promised breast exam?

i got a free breast exam once, the guy who did it had much softer hands than my doctor.

I finally got in the news!

Gale said:
i got a free breast exam once, the guy who did it had much softer hands than my doctor...
he was cute and furry. His name was Dav.

Wait, this guy provided free IQ tests too ! All the women who let him in flunked badly.

One woman became suspicious after the man asked her to remove all her clothes and began conducting a purported genital exam without donning rubber gloves, investigators said.

However, he did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

hypatia said:
hmm I wonder if it was the drool that gave him away?
Actually, it was the fact that he didn't use surgical gloves that gave him away. The woman that tipped police off didn't seem to find it strange that the breast exam should be in her bedroom while she was completely naked - she just didn't believe a real doctor would fail to use surgical gloves for an exam.

BobG said:
Actually, it was the fact that he didn't use surgical gloves that gave him away. The woman that tipped police off didn't seem to find it strange that the breast exam should be in her bedroom while she was completely naked - she just didn't believe a real doctor would fail to use surgical gloves for an exam.
<smacks herself on the forehead> I *knew* there was something odd about my free at home breast exams. :blushing:

Is it just me, or is it rather sadly ironic that in this thread, pengwuino, and others, are laughing that someone was going around sexually assaulting women, and in another thread are saying sex offenses are so serious that we need to label the offenders for life and put them on a registry that reports their names and addresses for anyone and everyone to see?

This particular article didn't give the full story...I guess that would have spoiled the humor value.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/local/states/florida/counties/broward_county/14382450.htm

The 35-year-old victim is from Haiti and speaks little English.

''Perhaps these women, these victims, didn't have this type of healthcare opportunity in their country of origin,'' Graf said. ``Maybe they felt this was something not uncommon, but whatever reason they had for becoming victims certainly doesn't take away from the heinous nature of the crime.''

''We don't have much time in America, only seven months,'' said a boyfriend of one of the victims, who identified himself as Felix. ``He's so old, you can never imagine an old man could come in your house and do something like that.''

Guilty, I did not read the article, that's a shame.

Evo said:
<smacks herself on the forehead> I *knew* there was something odd about my free at home breast exams. :blushing:
Well... I am a Doctor, you know. :wink:

(But, no, the real story isn't so amusing. I hope that clown gets to spend a little time in the slammer, where he will have the opportunity to make new friends.)

Well, this afternoon I was waiting in front of my new apartment, waiting to get the keys.. a guy passes by mumbling something, a moment later he passes by again mumbling something. I thought: what a weird person talking to himself, until I realized what he said: "how much for you to come with me" :bugeye: :eek:

The apartment is in a semi red-light district, but I wouldn't imagine anyone solliciting a random person standing on the street :grumpy:

Monique said:
Well, this afternoon I was waiting in front of my new apartment, waiting to get the keys.. a guy passes by mumbling something, a moment later he passes by again mumbling something. I thought: what a weird person talking to himself, until I realized what he said: "how much for you to come with me" :bugeye: :eek:

The apartment is in a semi red-light district, but I wouldn't imagine anyone solliciting a random person standing on the street :grumpy:

Speaking of which, Pretty Woman is on tv today...

Monique said:

YUCK! What a freak.

Evo said:
YUCK! What a freak.
Yeah, my yaw dropped to the floor, but after the shock I couldn't stop laughting. Of course, he looked like the stereotypical person who has a wife and two kids at home and has a good job at a company, someone you would never expect it from.

Monique said:
So what'ja do? Or did you already make it inside before you figured out he said that?

1. What is the story of the "Florida Man Arrested After Offering Free Breast Exams"?

The story revolves around a man in Florida who was arrested for offering free breast exams to women in public places, claiming to be a doctor.

2. Was the man a real doctor?

No, the man was not a licensed doctor. He was posing as one in order to conduct these free breast exams.

3. How did the authorities find out about this incident?

According to reports, a woman became suspicious of the man and contacted the police, leading to his arrest.

4. What were the potential risks of the man's actions?

The man's actions posed serious health risks to the women who allowed him to conduct these exams. As he was not a trained medical professional, he could have potentially caused harm or spread infections.

5. What charges did the man face and what was the outcome of the case?

The man faced charges of practicing medicine without a license and sexual battery. He was found guilty and sentenced to prison time.