Internet Explorer, Saving Passwords

• Thread starter NeoDevin
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Internet
In summary, Internet Explorer is a web browser developed by Microsoft that allows users to access and view websites on the internet. To save passwords in Internet Explorer, go to the gear icon, select "Internet Options", and go to the "Content" tab. Under "AutoComplete", make sure the box next to "Usernames and passwords on forms" is checked. Saved passwords can be viewed by going to "Manage Passwords" under "AutoComplete" in "Internet Options". While saving passwords in Internet Explorer can be safe, it is important to take precautions to protect your computer and account. To disable the option to save passwords, uncheck the box next to "Usernames and passwords on forms" in the "AutoComplete" section of
NeoDevin
How do you set internet explorer 7.0 to save passwords without prompting?

I tried going Tools->Internet Options->Content->Auto Complete Settings->User names and passwords on forms

But it won't remember any of my passwords, or fill them in for me...

Any ideas?

Computer science news on Phys.org
Have you tried clearing all your cookies first?

Completely clear your cookies and cache first as already recommended.

I think these guys got it covered.

Or just switch to firefox

1. What is Internet Explorer?

Internet Explorer is a web browser developed by Microsoft that allows users to access and view websites on the internet.

2. How do I save passwords in Internet Explorer?

To save passwords in Internet Explorer, first open the browser and click on the gear icon in the top right corner. Then, select "Internet Options" and go to the "Content" tab. Under the "AutoComplete" section, click on "Settings" and make sure the box next to "Usernames and passwords on forms" is checked. Click "OK" to save the changes.

3. Can I view saved passwords in Internet Explorer?

Yes, you can view saved passwords in Internet Explorer by going to the "Internet Options" menu and clicking on the "Content" tab. Under the "AutoComplete" section, click on "Settings" and then click on "Manage Passwords". This will show you a list of all saved passwords for websites.

4. Is it safe to save passwords in Internet Explorer?

Saving passwords in Internet Explorer can be safe as long as you take precautions to protect your computer and account. It is important to have a strong and unique password and to regularly update it. Additionally, make sure your computer has up-to-date antivirus and firewall protection.

5. How do I disable the option to save passwords in Internet Explorer?

To disable the option to save passwords in Internet Explorer, follow the same steps as saving passwords (see question 2), but instead of checking the box next to "Usernames and passwords on forms", uncheck it. Click "OK" to save the changes. This will disable the feature and you will no longer be prompted to save passwords in Internet Explorer.