Is it beneficial to have Pf translated into different languages?

• Thread starter rootX
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of allowing multiple languages on a forum and the challenges it would bring in terms of moderation. The idea is brought up that other websites use multiple languages, but it is noted that English is the common language among moderators and administrators on this particular forum. The difficulty in moderating and the time it would take to implement this change is also mentioned.
rootX
I was wondering if anyone has made this recommendation in the past. I did advanced search but didn't come up with any results.

I think there are some incentives in putting it in different languages (only need awful amount of time?) because most websites do that:
http://answers.yahoo.com/
and all corporations etc.

Physics news on Phys.org
If you read the https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=5374", you would have noticed that English is the requirement for posting on here. Since this forum is highly moderated, and English is the only language that is in common with all the Mentors and Administrators, it is why we have made English the only language of communication on PF.

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Root, people can easily translate a website via babelfish or alike. However if we start allowing other languages, how could we moderate them?

Yep, I agree it is very hard to do that with current management style.
I knew about it before starting this thread that's why I said "awful amount of time" - 2 to ~6 years to get them to this stage :rolleyes:

I also use google trans to get information from some arabic, russian, and asian sites(works good so far :smile:)

1. What is "Pf" in foreign languages?

"Pf" is not a specific word or phrase in any foreign language. It could potentially be an abbreviation or acronym used in a specific context, but without more information it is difficult to provide a definitive answer.

2. Is "Pf" a common term in multiple foreign languages?

No, "Pf" is not a common term in any known foreign languages. It is possible that it may be used in a specific context or language, but it is not a widely recognized term.

3. Can "Pf" have different meanings in different foreign languages?

Since "Pf" is not a commonly used term in foreign languages, it is unlikely that it would have multiple meanings in different languages. However, without more context it is impossible to say for certain.

4. How do you pronounce "Pf" in foreign languages?

Without knowing the specific language or context, it is impossible to accurately determine how "Pf" would be pronounced in a foreign language. It could potentially be pronounced differently depending on the language and dialect.

5. Is "Pf" a word or abbreviation commonly used in scientific literature?

No, "Pf" is not a commonly used term in scientific literature. It is possible that it may be used in a specific context or field, but it is not a widely recognized term in the scientific community.