Bachelor's in Psychiatry: Find Schools & Agents

• Thread starter chinese boy
  • Start date
In summary, Len Hao from China is looking for a school that offers a bachelor's degree in psychiatry, as it is his dream to become a psychiatrist. However, he has been informed that in countries like the US and Australia, a medical degree is required to become a psychiatrist. He is seeking help in finding a school or an agent that can assist him in pursuing his dream, as some schools do not accept international students for this major. He also asks for recommendations on the best medical school in Australia and information on the education plan.
chinese boy
hi every body i am len hao from china and i am looking for school which offering bachelor degree

of spychiatry in any country please help me it is the dream of my life to be psychiatrist

and in case if you can't help me please give me any agent nomber or e- mail to solve my

problem because some schools they don't accept foreigners to study this major

my respect waiting for your help ...

thanke you very much brothers sisters

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't know how it works in China, but in the US, you cannot get a bachelors degree in psychiatry - you need to get a medical degree to become a psychiatrist. Your undergraduate degree doesn't matter as long as you took the premed classes. Were you perhaps thinking of psychology? That's a very common major, offered at most colleges and universities.

chinese boy said:
hi every body i am len hao from china and i am looking for school which offering bachelor degree

of spychiatry in any country please help me it is the dream of my life to be psychiatrist

and in case if you can't help me please give me any agent nomber or e- mail to solve my

problem because some schools they don't accept foreigners to study this major

my respect waiting for your help ...

thanke you very much brothers sisters

What was said by the poster above also applies in australia. A psychiatrist is a specialization of medicine and thus you need a 4-6 year program in medicine. You then need to do medical registration and then you specialize in some field which takes a further 4-6 years.

If you're interested in psychology a typical program takes about 6 years while in the process you have to maintain very high marks to go to the next stage.

Medicine programs do accept foreigners in australia, but its very very competitive and it will cost you a lot of money (at least that's how it is in australia). There are some spots reserved for international students. Only a few thousand candidates (possibly even lower) get a spot to do medicine so overall don't be surprised if you miss out the first time.

is that mean the education is complicated in australia or the addmission

is the complicated point in australia and what is the best school for medicin in australia

and if anybody know about the education plan please tell me

thanke you every body for your reply

What is a Bachelor's in Psychiatry?

A Bachelor's in Psychiatry is an undergraduate degree program that focuses on the study of mental disorders and their treatment. It is designed to provide students with a strong foundation in psychology, neuroscience, and other related fields, as well as the skills and knowledge needed to pursue a career in the mental health field.

What courses are typically included in a Bachelor's in Psychiatry program?

Courses in a Bachelor's in Psychiatry program may include abnormal psychology, neuropsychology, developmental psychology, counseling techniques, and psychopharmacology. Students may also have the opportunity to participate in clinical practicums or internships to gain hands-on experience in the field.

What are the job prospects for graduates with a Bachelor's in Psychiatry?

Graduates with a Bachelor's in Psychiatry may find employment in a variety of settings, such as hospitals, mental health clinics, and private practices. They may work as mental health technicians, case managers, or research assistants. Some may also choose to pursue further education and become licensed psychiatrists or psychologists.

How long does it take to complete a Bachelor's in Psychiatry program?

The length of a Bachelor's in Psychiatry program can vary depending on the institution and the student's course load. On average, it takes four years to complete a Bachelor's degree. However, some programs may offer accelerated options or allow students to take courses during the summer to graduate sooner.

How do I choose the right school or agent for a Bachelor's in Psychiatry program?

When choosing a school or agent for a Bachelor's in Psychiatry program, it is important to research the reputation and accreditation of the institution. It is also helpful to consider the curriculum and faculty, as well as any opportunities for hands-on experience or networking. Agents can also assist in the application process and provide support throughout the program.