10-year-old boys have been charged with raping an 8 years old girl

In summary, 10 year olds in Britain have been charged with rape after assaulting a young girl. The motives of the children are not similar to those of adults, and the children may not have been able to resist because of their age.
Physics news on Phys.org
ideasrule said:
And if that person refuses to change his behaviour after you told him this, what would you think of him?
The question is what would you think of them ideasrule?

Galteeth said:
Moral relativism is the same as no morality.

This isn't correct. Moral philosophies do not prescribe values and morals. They only describe a means of perceiving, analyzing, and perhaps constructing moral value systems.

Moral Relativism only states that no moral value system is objectively true.

But again if we want to discuss moral philosophies we should probably do that in the philosophy forum.

cristo said:
Statutory rape is defined as sexual activity with someone under the age of consent (16). Sexual activity with a female under 13 is a more serious charge (aimed at protecting children-- a maximum sentence of life imprisonment can be issued, as opposed to 14 years for statutory rape >16), and one for which there is no defence of consent.

So is sexual activity with a male under 13 all right in Britain?

Just asking because I noticed the "female" part.

Maybe we'd have less sexual abusers if we worried more about male child abuse.

Char. Limit said:
So is sexual activity with a male under 13 all right in Britain?

Of course not; it's just irrelevant for the topic in question.

My god this is very astonishing just can't take in the news . today s kids have changed a lot i don't know what particular reason behind it. what do they know at this age? really shocking..

ideasrule said:
And if that person refuses to change his behaviour after you told him this, what would you think of him?

It would be too dependent on the specifics to give a general answer.

martharon said:
My god this is very astonishing just can't take in the news . today s kids have changed a lot i don't know what particular reason behind it. what do they know at this age? really shocking..

Not all of today's kids. I'm 17, male, and have never raped anyone. This is quite the anomaly, though. I'm surprised it could happen at all.

Char. Limit said:
Not all of today's kids. I'm 17, male, and have never raped anyone. This is quite the anomaly, though. I'm surprised it could happen at all.

Many of us are pretty sheltered from the ugly reality of life. It is not all that uncommon. I've met at least a couple of people who had participated in consensual sexual activity around the age of 10. At least one of them was sexually abused as a child and never told anyone about it (at that time of course).

TheStatutoryApe said:
Many of us are pretty sheltered from the ugly reality of life. It is not all that uncommon. I've met at least a couple of people who had participated in consensual sexual activity around the age of 10. At least one of them was sexually abused as a child and never told anyone about it (at that time of course).

Yes, well, the anomaly I was talking about was rape at ten, not just sex at ten. Still, you raise a valid point: Many people have (consensual) sex at (what I would consider) a young age. It astonishes me, but I may just be sheltered, as you (I believe) imply.

But don't worry. I'm a self-proclaimed cynic, so I believe that the entire reality of life is irredeemably ugly as it is.

Side note: The Wii that I'm typing on doesn't recognize the word "consensual", yet it does recognize the pseudo-word "wpa2-psk". Just an observation.

Char. Limit said:
Yes, well, the anomaly I was talking about was rape at ten, not just sex at ten. Still, you raise a valid point: Many people have (consensual) sex at (what I would consider) a young age. It astonishes me, but I may just be sheltered, as you (I believe) imply.

But don't worry. I'm a self-proclaimed cynic, so I believe that the entire reality of life is irredeemably ugly as it is.

Side note: The Wii that I'm typing on doesn't recognize the word "consensual", yet it does recognize the pseudo-word "wpa2-psk". Just an observation.

I remember I would play "doctor" with girls, and they would tell me I was playing it the wrong way. I thought you actually were suppossed to like, pretend to diagnose someone and write a fake prescription. Years later, I found out it was a euphemism.

Char. Limit said:

I am not saying all the kids are changed but majority of them are changed for sure when compared to older days and currently.
the attitude of the kids are getting changed.