Religion Poll: Share Your Beliefs Here

In summary, a poll on religion could not be posted, but participants shared their beliefs and affiliations. These included Unitarian Universalism, atheism, Satanism, Pythagoreanism, Scientology, Christian Atheism, Pastafarianism, FSMism, Discordianism, Agnosticism, Sex, Kamasutra, belief in Greg Bernhardt, and non-practicing Judaism. Some participants also discussed the relationship between Christian values and belief in God, and the different types of atheism and secular humanism. One participant also mentioned starting a Church. The thread remained open despite its controversial subject matter.
yyttr2
Out of curiousity, I was wondering what religion everyone here is apart of, if any.edit: The poll won't post D;

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Unitarian Universalist.

Perfect religion for me. I have a Christian background, but have a hard time considering myself very Christian in my beliefs. UU has a Christian background, but it would be inaccurate to consider it still a Christian religion.

I am an atheist, but I have never taken it to the point where I will go out and declare "I am an Atheist."

Whoah!

I think I just did.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Heathen. Wotan and Thorr and suchlikes.

I'm a Scientologist. I worship L. Ron Hubbard.

Pythagoreanism

I'm a Christian Atheist; that is, I think that Christians have a good system but their god doesn't exist.

(I'm also a slight flying-saucerist, although only by elimination because I'm even more sceptical of the alternatives. I'm inclined to agree with Josef Blumrich that the most plausible systematic explanation for the amazing description of helicopter-like machines in 2 Esdras and Ezekiel, Elijah's whirlwind, "Chariots of fire", the pillar of cloud/fire that leads Moses, the "Glory of the lord" in the New Testament, the star that appears to the wise men and various other references not only in the Bible but in other religions, is some sort of flying saucer!)

Pastafarian here.

FSM > All

I'm a follower of The FSM(flying spaghetti monster). I want a God that isn't an evil mass murdering psychopath that forces me to accept his twisted moral values. Plus, the FSM can feed you for an eternity.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra

yyttr2 said:
I was wondering what religion everyone here is apart of, if any.

Haven't you heard? The proper term nowadays is "faith community."

Discordian

Agnostic.

Semi-militant atheist. You can believe whatever you want to, and we'll get along okay; try to convert me, and I'll fall on you like a ball of neutronium.

I believe in Sorry! being the one true God.

Jonathan Scott said:
I'm a Christian Atheist; that is, I think that Christians have a good system but their god doesn't exist.
Isn;t that the strangest co-inky-dink.

I was just asking myself if one could adopt Christian values without having to adopt the God along with it.

I am interested in all sort of things that can make me calm, bring peace to my mind when I need it, or re-energize me when I am exhausted.

rootX said:
I am interested in all sort of things that can make me calm, bring peace to my mind when I need it, or re-energize me when I am exhausted.

I'm not sure if sex counts as a religion.

DaveC426913 said:
I'm not sure if sex counts as a religion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamasutra" :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe in Greg Bernhardt. I think He can perform miracles, such as free membership, or even (ultimate almightiness) banning a mentor.

humanino said:
I believe in Greg Bernhardt. I think He can perform miracles, such as free membership, or even (ultimate almightiness) banning a mentor.

...lol :smile:

Wow, such a rich verity of atheists. What others are there?

humanino said:
and humanino is his prophet?

Astronuc said:

That would be really pathetic (or, rather, pathick)

Pythagorean said:
Pythagoreanism

Really though, I'm a weak atheist I think.

If this trend continues (and I hope it does), this thread probably isn't going to get locked.

Danger said:
You can believe whatever you want to, and we'll get along okay; try to convert me, and I'll fall on you like a ball of neutronium.

Funny! I feel exactly the same way, about atheists.

I claim no formal beliefs.

Last edited:
It depends on which church or mosque I'm in. I never know from one week to the next.

Astronuc said:
I do not believe in humanino.

Oh yes.

Danger said:
Semi-militant atheist.

In formal terms: Semi-militant agnostic.

DaveC426913 said:
Isn;t that the strangest co-inky-dink.

I was just asking myself if one could adopt Christian values without having to adopt the God along with it.

I kind of thought that at first when I heard the term a few years ago, then I came across Christian Atheism http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_atheist" and realized there are many types of beliefs.

Also, there are Agnostic Christian Atheists, basically combining an agnostic atheist with a Christian atheist. For agnostic atheism http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnostic_atheism"

Last edited by a moderator:
Non-practicing Jew. It means that, like the unitarians, I believe in no more than one G-d.