Making the best choice of lifestyle in the face of alternatives

• Thread starter ThoughtOf
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Choice
In summary, the conversation discusses the idea that many arbitrary activities that people enjoy are a result of their subconscious baggage caused by an overly unnatural and unminimalistic lifestyle. The conversation also touches upon the concept of writing, philosophy, science, idealism, perfectionism, aestheticism, and keeping a diary, questioning their value and purpose. The idea that humans evolved to be active rather than sedentary is also mentioned, with the belief that only intense activities are truly worth living for. The conversation concludes by challenging the listener to prove that there is more to these activities than meets the eye.
ThoughtOf
My claim is simple: people enjoy many arbitrary activities due to their own subconscious baggage which we've acquired as a result of an overly unnatural (another side to this is the diabetes epidemic), unminimalistic lifestyle. And ultimately, everything is the same. It's the same core archetypes again and again and again, meaning only intensity is truly worth living for, unless one carries enough baggage as to make oneself neurotic. Then the most honest activity is one that causes both psychological and physiological intensity. It's the only way of maximalizing liveliness. Here's a few examples of how the baggage shows it self.

“All writers are vain, selfish and lazy, and at the very bottom of their motives lies a mystery. Writing a book is a long, exhausting struggle, like a long bout of some painful illness. One would never undertake such a thing if one were not driven by some demon whom one can neither resist nor understand.” - George Orwell.

Wittgenstein said philosophy repels those who suspect it is a timewaste due to language confusion in it, thus reinforcing language confusion in it. Too many philosophers have been freaks, this makes it overly obvious how society's unminimalistic unnaturality has gotten to them SOMEHOW.

Non-physics scientists? "All science is either physics or stamp collecting." - Rutherford telling it like it is regarding the gruntwork that is science, and yet those in it work long hours. The abstract parts of science as bloated (i.e. few jobs) also in the west and they too attract freaks. Mathematicians actually think of numbers as beautiful; how baggage-y. Every snowflake is unique but in the end its just variations of the same old archetype anyway. Nothing new under the sun. Now if one really tries to understand a subject there may be new such archetypes to uncover, new paradigms so to say but if one has taken to a bit more meta-y perspective beforehand it quickly becomes obvious only so much is ever possible within every such paradigm so its not that exciting after all. Also, some "core archetypes" in the ways of thought will obviously resonate through different fields, turning every new realization one may come over boring.

Idealism, morality. "act so as to treat people always as ends in themselves, never as mere means." yeah who cares? Life goes on whether some philosopher sits around in his house. To care about the things Kant and others do is just an arbitrary use of one's time. They must carry much subconscious baggage to have such great passion.

Perfectionism, aestheticism in general. Why care if a cord is a little messy? Some people actually care about such bull. A painting too. It's just a painting. That's that. While research has been done into human appreciation of symmetry and such, it doesn't explain overly strong neatfreakery and how neatfreaks make a life out of aestheticism. If anything human appreciation of such should only only be a minor sidething to humanity. How can it not be their subconscious, unecessary baggage giving them an artificial enjoyment boost? I call this artifical cause I want to make the best choices as far as spending my time in life on things, and there's no time for the unecessary, the simply idiosyncratic, the boring, the random, the arbitrary.

The concept of keeping a diary. Who really cares about the past? It ain't coming back anyway. Better to be living a story than sitting around thinking about one, unless one has something yet learned for preparation for life.

Just visiting places. A city or whatever is really just another variation of the same old, same old concept.

Humans evolved to DO after all, not sitting around (sedentary). Slack activities induce no extremity or intensity. Everything else is just unnatural. Or pershaps something has passed me by, not illuminated by my limited psyche. Now, try to counter my points; prove that there's something more to it, ultimately!

Physics news on Phys.org
This does not meet the philosphy guidelines. Please actually read the rules before posting.

1. What is the importance of making the best choice of lifestyle?

Making the best choice of lifestyle is important because it directly affects our physical, mental, and emotional well-being. Our lifestyle choices can impact our health, relationships, career, and overall quality of life.

2. How can I determine the best lifestyle for myself?

Determining the best lifestyle for yourself involves self-reflection and understanding your values, goals, and priorities. It may also involve seeking guidance from a professional, such as a therapist or life coach, to help you make informed decisions.

3. Can my lifestyle choices change over time?

Yes, your lifestyle choices can change over time as your circumstances, values, and priorities may shift. It's important to regularly assess and adjust your lifestyle to ensure it aligns with your current needs and goals.

4. How do I make the best choice of lifestyle when faced with multiple alternatives?

When faced with multiple alternatives, it's important to weigh the pros and cons of each option and consider how they align with your values and goals. Seeking advice from trusted individuals or professionals can also help you make a well-informed decision.

5. What are some common barriers to making the best choice of lifestyle?

Some common barriers to making the best choice of lifestyle include fear of change, societal pressures, lack of self-awareness, and limited resources. It's important to address these barriers and find ways to overcome them in order to live a fulfilling and authentic lifestyle.