Data of several moons of the planets Uranus (new)

In summary, the conversation involves determining the Keeper's third law constant, Ku, for Uranus using data for the first four moons. The next step is to find the average of the Ku values calculated, complete the missing information for the last four moons, and explain why some moons were discovered earlier than others. The conversation also mentions looking up Kepler's Third Law, Standard Gravitational Parameter, and Newton's version of Kepler's Third Law.
alicia113
Copy the table and determine keepers third law constant ku for Uranus using the data for the first floor moons

Photo on 2012-08-21 at 11.14 AM.jpg

sorry for the mirror effect its the only way i could get the page so you could read it .. its on the right # 32

b) find the average of the Ku, values of your calculations in a)

c) complete the missing information for the last four moons listed

d) explain why some of the moons were discovered so much earlier than the others

i have no idea how to even start these
all i know is -GMm/r

Physics news on Phys.org

alicia113 said:
Copy the table and determine keepers third law constant ku for Uranus using the data for the first floor moons

View attachment 50061

sorry for the mirror effect its the only way i could get the page so you could read it .. its on the right # 32

b) find the average of the Ku, values of your calculations in a)

c) complete the missing information for the last four moons listed

d) explain why some of the moons were discovered so much earlier than the others

i have no idea how to even start these
all i know is -GMm/r

Didn't you at least look up "Kepler's Third Law"? How about "Standard Gravitational Parameter"? What's Newton's version of Kepler's 3rd?

1. What is the significance of studying the data of several moons of Uranus?

Studying the data of several moons of Uranus can provide valuable insights into the formation and evolution of the planet and its moons. It can also help us understand the dynamics of the Uranian system and its interactions with other celestial bodies in the solar system.

2. How many moons does Uranus have and what are their names?

Uranus has 27 known moons, each with its own unique name. Some of the largest and most well-known moons include Titania, Oberon, Umbriel, Ariel, and Miranda.

3. What kind of data is typically collected from Uranus' moons?

The data collected from Uranus' moons can include their size, mass, density, composition, surface features, and orbital characteristics. Scientists also study the moons' interactions with the planet's magnetic field and any potential geological activity.

4. How is the data of Uranus' moons collected?

The data is primarily collected through spacecraft flybys and observations from telescopes and other instruments. Some of the most detailed data has been collected by the Voyager 2 spacecraft, which flew by Uranus in 1986.

5. What have we learned from studying the data of Uranus' moons?

Through studying the data of Uranus' moons, we have learned that they have varied compositions and surface features, suggesting that they were formed through different processes. We have also discovered evidence of active geology on some of the moons, providing a deeper understanding of the processes that shape the Uranian system.