Cock fires crossbow at neighbor

• Thread starter Mk
  • Start date
In summary, a man named Dana Lee Cockerman was arrested and charged with intimidation with a dangerous weapon after firing a crossbow at his neighbor out of anger over his dog's death. He is currently being held in jail on a $10,000 bond and could face up to 10 years in prison if convicted. The conversation following the article includes various comments about the incident, including some jokes and discussion about laws regarding shooting at Scottish or Irish individuals with a bow and arrow.
Mk
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050524/ap_on_fe_st/crossbow_arrest [Broken]
Dana Lee Cockerman, 48, was charged Sunday with intimidation with a dangerous weapon. He fired a crossbow at his neighbor, because he was angry about his dog's death.

Cockerman was being held under $10,000 bond in the Johnson County jail. If convicted, he faces up to 10 years in prison.

10 years seems like a lot, unless the guy did somethinge else previously. The article says a 9 year old was nearby, but that could mean a lot of things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I thought this was going to be about a rooster. :grumpy:

Evo said:

Yeah, right...

What is of interest about this that it deserves a thread?

brewnog said:
Yeah, right...
I thought it was another turtle thread.

Anyhow, if he fired it at the neighbour, why wasn't the charge 'attempted murder'?

Evo said:

I was hoping it was about a rooster. So disappointed.

Integral said:
What is of interest about this that it deserves a thread?
I don't know, just an interesting tidbit?

franznietzsche said:
I was hoping it was about a rooster. So disappointed.
Forgive me if my BS filter glitches just a tad on that.

Danger said:
Forgive me if my BS filter glitches just a tad on that.

No really, cause then it would have been a hilarious story. 'Rooster fires crossbow at neighbor'. I would have probably sprayed my coke right out of my nose.

I know in certain places in england you're allowed to shoot bow and arrows at scottsman on sundays.

yomamma said:
I know in certain places in england you're allowed to shoot bow and arrows at scottsman on sundays.

At the Irish too I'm sure. Damn english.

Only scottish, as far as I know

yomamma said:
Only scottish, as far as I know

Oh its the English. Even if its not in the, law, its local custom. Damned English.

franznietzsche said:
No really, cause then it would have been a hilarious story. 'Rooster fires crossbow at neighbor'. I would have probably sprayed my coke right out of my nose.
Speaking of big, er, roosters, here's one you wouldn't want to cock fight with (crossbow not needed):

http://img168.echo.cx/img168/7285/texaschicken0bt.jpg

There is a resort near me with ponds in the golf course and the ducks are so large the first time I saw droppings I thought a cow had gotten loose! :eek:

franznietzsche said:
Oh its the English. Even if its not in the, law, its local custom. Damned English.
Oi! It's a perfectly reasonable law, thank you very much.

Actually its as follows:

"In York, It Is Legal For People To Shoot At A Scotsman With A Bow And Arrow Discovered Out After Sunset."

icvotria said:
Oi! It's a perfectly reasonable law, thank you very much.

To shoot the scottish or the the irish?

Mk said:
Actually its as follows:

"In York, It Is Legal For People To Shoot At A Scotsman With A Bow And Arrow Discovered Out After Sunset."

Is it the Scotsman out after sunset, or the bow?

1. What caused the cock to fire a crossbow at its neighbor?

It is not typical behavior for a cock to fire a crossbow at its neighbor, so it is likely an accident or a result of external factors such as the neighbor provoking or threatening the cock.

2. Is it common for animals to use weapons against each other?

No, it is not common for animals to use weapons against each other. Animals typically use their natural abilities and behaviors for defense and survival.

3. Can a cock actually operate a crossbow?

No, a cock does not have the physical ability or cognitive understanding to operate a crossbow. This is most likely a misunderstanding or exaggeration of the situation.

4. Is the neighbor injured from the crossbow fire?

It is possible that the neighbor could have been injured from the crossbow fire, depending on the type of crossbow and the strength of the cock. If there is any injury, it is important to seek medical attention immediately.

5. What should be done in this situation?

If there is any potential danger to the neighbor or the community, it is important to contact local authorities for assistance. It is also important to take precautions to prevent any further incidents, such as keeping the cock and crossbow separated.