Meeting Hot Girl at Starbucks - What to Do?

• Thread starter stoned
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Girl Hot
In summary: Don't think you can just take advantage of her.Some of us enjoy having emotions.He took the time and effort to post here. I decided I would take his request for advice seriously. Ultimately, stoned will make his own decision.
stoned
>today while drinking coffe at starbucks i meet this hot hot girl,(all dudes were devouring her with their eyes) we talked about stuff, she gave me her e-mail. everything sounds perfect, :frown: unfortunatelly in two days I'm flying 6,000km to my old folks and i will stay with them for about 3-4 months :(
what to do ??what to do ? i have allready plane ticket, if i cancell my flight for monday I'm going to have to pay 200 $ extra .
ps.i did not have any girlfriend in ages.

Physics news on Phys.org
Someone's in trouble! :eek:

Can you get a date in before you leave. See how the date goes and then tell her that you'll be gone for a few months and you would like to see her when you get back. Maybe send her a postcard if she is alright with that. Some nice little surprise is always good. And then post a picture here so we can all see her. :biggrin:

Remember, at the very least, 4 pictures - 2 pictures of her with different clothes, and 2 without clothes. :biggrin:

i'm working on it, however there just two days left and i must prepare mentally for a date at least a week.
"fun" does not end there guys. she told me when i come back here after 3 months, then she is leaving and is going back home. :mad:
btw. she is some kinda exchange student from germany.

That blows big time. What part of the world do you live in?

Mk said:
Remember, at the very least, 4 pictures - 2 pictures of her with different clothes, and 2 without clothes. :biggrin:

don't you think 2 days is little bit too early for pictures and all that stuff ?
anyway I try my best.

i live in Canada.

That's harsh. Germany is a long way from Canada. Keeping a long distance relationship is difficult. Hopefully you can find some time to get to know her. I don't know what else to say.

She is looking for a Canadian Green Card.

zoobyshoe said:
She is looking for a Canadian Green Card.

I hardly think so as a Canadian work visa isn't exactly difficult to come by.

Just tell them you want to learn how to make circular bacon and maple syrup, they'll let you in. :biggrin:

Or you can tell them you ran out of toilet paper. :biggrin:

Buy her a plane ticket

Are your parents dying? If not, then they can wait, and you can stay with this German cutie :smile:

First off, be glad that you met her after you started showering again. At least that leaves some hope for the future.

yeah Danger ! that is the secret to the success. shower.
so all the BS with pheromones is a BS.

geez dude you will accept an advise from us NERDS and GEEKS on how to date a HOT girl?

wrong place to post in !

but in case you still wondering what to do: see her before you leave, and if she ever comes back she'll be one of your entries in the black book

yes, I said the black book. No, not the recipies. Yes, the booty call list. I know you didnt have any entries before - this will be a first one :biggrin:

Last edited:
cronxeh said:
geez dude you will accept an advise from us NERDS and GEEKS on how to date a HOT girl?

Good point.
Also remember that if you cancel a flight to be a girl you just met, that would come off as extremely desperate. Sort of creepy actually.

Huckleberry said:
That's harsh. Germany is a long way from Canada. Keeping a long distance relationship is difficult. Hopefully you can find some time to get to know her. I don't know what else to say.

You can't be serious. He just met the chick and you're bringing *that* up? Jeebus christo.

He took the time and effort to post here. I decided I would take his request for advice seriously. Ultimately, stoned will make his own decision.

Some of us enjoy having emotions.

Huckleberry said:
He took the time and effort to post here. I decided I would take his request for advice seriously. Ultimately, stoned will make his own decision.

Some of us enjoy having emotions.

Emotions are one thing, considering a committed relationship with a girl you just met, on the basis of her being hot, is ridiculous. Especially when you'll see her once locally. Absolutley ridiculous.

plus said:
I hardly think so as a Canadian work visa isn't exactly difficult to come by.
In that case, stoned should make a list of anything he might have that she might want. From his username one might suspect he always has smokables on hand. That's one thing to consider. If he has an income at all and she doesn't, that's another thing to wonder about.

I have met a few of these foreign visitors and some of them are very strapped for cash and luxuries.

Stoned, just get her phone number, email address, and when you visit your parents, make sure they have a good long-distance phone plan, and when she returns to Germany, make sure you both have good plans for making international calls. That's a lot cheaper than changing plane tickets and traveling to Germany for someone you really don't know.

If it works out by phone and email, then you can consider whether you're up to a trip to Germany, or if she'd be returning to Canada again. It's hard to base anything on just meeting her once and not even having one real date yet.

1. Make sure its really her email.

whozum said:

If it isn't, then he has a pretty clear answer that he made the right decision to get on that plane! :bugeye:

whozum said:
Even if it isn't, and even if she does have ulterior motives (which is far from established), there's nothing wrong with pursuing a friendship as long as it's tempered with caution and no credit card numbers are exchanged.

the question is

what kind of a German girl goes to a coffee shop in CANADA?

The stoned kind of German hottie...:tongue2:

Daniel.

Danger said:
Even if it isn't, and even if she does have ulterior motives (which is far from established), there's nothing wrong with pursuing a friendship as long as it's tempered with caution and no credit card numbers are exchanged.

If he is leaving tomorrow, there is absolutely no reason to keep in touch with this girl. There are a million better looking women in the world, and a billion 'better' women overall.

I think the fact that she gave him an email is kind of odd.

Danger said:

And you also missed my point. I told him to make sure its really her email so he knows if she really was interested or if she just wanted to get rid of him. No need to get his hopes up if its a fake email.

ShawnD said:
Good point.
Also remember that if you cancel a flight to be a girl you just met, that would come off as extremely desperate. Sort of creepy actually.

you are so right man ! I never thought of that ! that is why I need advice of geeks and "losers" :wink:

Last edited:
whozum said:
If he is leaving tomorrow, there is absolutely no reason to keep in touch with this girl.
Just because he described her as 'hot' doesn't mean that there wasn't something deeper there as well. Only he and she know about that. I've made lifelong friends under the same circumstances, although not of a romantic sort. Even if that's the only potential, then it is a good reason to keep in touch. As for the e-mail being hers, all he has to do is use it and see if there's a response. It won't cost him anything to be wrong.

Danger said:
Just because he described her as 'hot' doesn't mean that there wasn't something deeper there as well. Only he and she know about that. I've made lifelong friends under the same circumstances, although not of a romantic sort. Even if that's the only potential, then it is a good reason to keep in touch..

I never said there wasnt something more, I'm just saying that if he is looking for something romantic (which he did mention) then there are plenty more fish in the sea at a more ideal situation, rather than cross country relationships.

Danger said:
As for the e-mail being hers, all he has to do is use it and see if there's a response. It won't cost him anything to be wrong.

It won't cost him anything to be wrong, but if he over prepares and over excites himself (and it turns out to be fake), then he will just be in for a big let down. Make sure the emails real, that way he won't risk that.

whozum said:
there are plenty more fish in the sea
I can only assume that you are in a bigger social group than I am. I can't afford to waste any opportunity. :frown:

whozum said:
It won't cost him anything to be wrong, but if he over prepares and over excites himself (and it turns out to be fake), then he will just be in for a big let down. Make sure the emails real, that way he won't risk that.
I see what you mean now, and agree. I thought that you meant he would get scammed.

Moonbear said:
It's hard to base anything on just meeting her once and not even having one real date yet.

I couldn't agree more.