Fly in My Truck: Wondering Why Fly is Flying Around Cab?

• Thread starter uprootedferre
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Truck
In summary, the conversation discusses the behavior of a fly inside a moving truck. The air moving forward does not necessarily push the fly towards the back of the truck, and opening the windows may help the fly escape. The concept of being on a train and not being crushed against the back wall is also mentioned. The speaker concludes that having a fly in the truck is more comfortable than the reverse.
uprootedferre
hey i had a question... my friends and i were pondering... there was a fly in my cab of my truck and we were doing like 40 mph with the windows up and the fly was flying around in the cab...

i was wondering why the fly wasnt being pushed back towards the back of the truck and why it was able to fly around the cab of my truck

Physics news on Phys.org
the air was moving forward too, which pushes the fly forward. If you open your windows, and the rear cab window, itll probably get pushed out.

thank you sir

Yes, you've been on a train before. When moving at constant speed, you're not crushed against the back wall.

I'm thinking that having a fly in your truck is more comfortable than the other way around.

1. Why is there a fly in my truck?

There could be several reasons for a fly in your truck. Flies are attracted to food and can enter your truck through open windows or doors. They may also be attracted to the warmth and shelter of your truck's cab.

2. How do I get rid of the fly in my truck?

The best way to get rid of a fly in your truck is to open a window or door and shoo it out. You can also use a fly swatter or fly trap to catch and remove the fly.

3. Is the fly in my truck dangerous?

In general, flies are not dangerous to humans. However, they can carry bacteria and spread diseases if they come into contact with food or other surfaces in your truck.

4. How did the fly get into my truck in the first place?

Flies are small and can enter through small openings in your truck. They may have also hitched a ride on your clothes or belongings when you entered the truck.

5. How can I prevent flies from entering my truck in the future?

To prevent flies from entering your truck, make sure to keep windows and doors closed when not in use. You can also use screens or mesh covers on windows and doors to keep flies out. Keeping your truck clean and free of food debris can also deter flies from entering.