Is Weiner finally resigning from Congress?

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary: Damn! "New York's Weiner is pulling out". How could I have missed that one?? course that wouldn't fit in the title space.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Weiner has decided to resign.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2011/06/16/2011-06-16_anthony_weiner_to_resign_the_congressmans_rise_and_fall_resembles_shakespearean_.html

Finally!

Physics news on Phys.org
Nice title, Ivan! :)

I know you couldn't wait to post that title! :biggrin:

Math Is Hard said:
Nice title, Ivan! :)

:rofl: Glad you like it! I spent at least thirty seconds working on that one.

When he did his twitter faux paux I was going to post that "Weiner's weiner all a twitter" Maybe not as funny.

Evo said:
When he did his twitter faux paux I was going to post that "Weiner's weiner all a twitter" Maybe not as funny.

There have been so many good opportunities:

It's a Weiner roast
Weiner running wild
NY, never trust your Weiner

It is almost impossible to reference this story without including a bad joke.

There is a mildly funny headline on Huffington today about how Cuomo plans to fill Weiner's seat.

The Democrats wish these could have been Boehner jokes.

turbo-1 said:
There is a mildly funny headline on Huffington today about how Cuomo plans to fill Weiner's seat.
It'll never stop. :tongue2:

I saw the WORST (or best... :biggrin:) newspaper headline today...

WEINER PULLING OUT!

omg... :rofl:

He didn't measure up!

guess the dems didn't much care for the appearances of texting jailbait

Tsu said:

WEINER PULLING OUT!

:rofl: :rofl:

Damn! "New York's Weiner is pulling out". How could I have missed that one?? Course that wouldn't fit in the title space.

Some of the talking heads think that, after a few years, Weiner will be back; that this incident will quickly fade from memory and become irrelevant.

turbo-1 said:
:rofl:
Tsu said:

WEINER PULLING OUT!

:rofl::rofl:

1. Who is "New York's Weiner"?

"New York's Weiner" refers to Anthony Weiner, a former congressman from New York who was involved in a highly publicized scandal involving lewd photos and messages sent to multiple women online.

2. Why is "New York's Weiner" out?

"New York's Weiner" is out because he resigned from his position as congressman in 2011 following the scandal. He also made unsuccessful runs for mayor of New York City in 2013 and 2017.

3. What impact did "New York's Weiner" have on politics?

The scandal involving "New York's Weiner" had a significant impact on politics, as it brought attention to the issue of politicians' personal lives and the use of social media. It also led to stricter guidelines and consequences for politicians' use of technology and social media in their campaigns.

4. Is "New York's Weiner" still involved in politics?

No, "New York's Weiner" is no longer involved in politics. After resigning from his position as congressman, he has not held any political office or run for any positions since.

5. What is the current status of "New York's Weiner"?

As of now, "New York's Weiner" is not actively involved in politics. He has largely stayed out of the public eye since his resignation and continues to focus on his personal life and family.