All theories in physics are incorrect

In summary, all theories in physics are incorrect because they are based on approximations, incorrect perturbations, and assumptions. These approaches are not valid for understanding the behavior of nature, which is the true purpose of physics. While theories may be useful in explaining observations, they do not modify nature itself. However, scientists must be careful not to make assumptions based on limited observations, as this could lead to inaccurate theories.
Erdem
all theories in physics are incorrect !

yes that's right.
because 100% percent of the theories are using; approximations, incorrect perturbations, assumptions and so on.

that is not valid for the behaviour of nature.

physics is a kind of battle to understand the nature not to modify it by theories.

Physics news on Phys.org
yes that's right.
because 100% percent of the theories are using; approximations, incorrect perturbations, assumptions and so on.

that is not valid for the behavior of nature.
Oh, and 2+2=5, I suppose?

physics is a kind of battle to understand the nature not to modify it by theories.
Nature isn’t modified by human theories but this could make for a good sci-fi movie. Scientists better be careful what they think lest the universe come crashing down around them.

of course physics assumes. but it assumes based on observations.

I.E I have a big box. inside the box are lots of spheres of different colors and sizes.
I take a detailed survey of size and color, which shows that the spheres smaller than 10 cm in diameter are red, and the spheres with diameter of 10cm+ are blue.
I thereby formulate my theorem of Chromo-size relation in spheres-I- found-in-a-box and become world famous in the field of... hypothetical boxes filled with spheres...

Oh, and 2+2=5, I suppose?
Yes - for extremely large values of 2.

1. Why do you say that all theories in physics are incorrect?

As a scientist, it is important to constantly question and challenge current theories in order to make progress and advancements in our understanding of the world. While many theories in physics have been highly successful in explaining and predicting natural phenomena, they are still subject to change and refinement as new evidence and insights emerge.

2. Does this mean that everything we know about physics is wrong?

No, it does not mean that everything we know about physics is wrong. Rather, it means that our current theories may not be complete or entirely accurate, and there is always room for improvement and further exploration.

3. How can we trust scientific theories if they are constantly being proven incorrect?

The beauty of the scientific method is that it is a self-correcting process. While individual theories may be proven incorrect, it is through this process of questioning and testing that we are able to refine our understanding and develop more accurate theories.

4. Are there any theories in physics that are considered to be universally correct?

There are currently no theories in physics that are considered to be universally correct. However, there are some theories, such as Newton's laws of motion and Einstein's theory of general relativity, which have been extensively tested and are widely accepted by the scientific community.

5. How do you determine whether a theory is correct or incorrect?

The validity of a theory is determined through rigorous testing and experimentation, as well as its ability to make accurate predictions about natural phenomena. If a theory is repeatedly confirmed through various experiments and observations, it is considered to be a reliable explanation for a given phenomenon. However, as new evidence and data emerge, theories may need to be revised or replaced in order to better explain and predict the natural world.