Register to reply

Future has already known or not

by Quarlep
Tags: future
Share this thread:
Quarlep
Dec11-13, 10:08 AM
P: 71
In physics there is any study about future knowledge If you have any ideas can you tell me I know some studies but Iam not sure about them.

Thanks
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Vibrational motion of a single molecule measured in real time
Researchers demonstrate ultra low-field nuclear magnetic resonance using Earth's magnetic field
Bubbling down: Discovery suggests surprising uses for common bubbles
jfizzix
Dec11-13, 12:13 PM
P: 221
There are theories in physics which detail the limits of what one can reasonably know about future measurements (e.g. quantum uncertainty principle, chaotic dynamics in classical physics), but there isn't a specific branch of physics dedicated to future knowledge.

In some ways, all of physics is a study about future knowledge. Given the present information of a system, and our theories describing how a system evolves in time, we can make reasonably good guesses about the future state of that system. Over time, physicists are also getting better at saying just how good those guesses can be.

Physics can't tell you very much about the future, though, because most systems (i.e. kittens) are much much too complicated to be described at the elementary level.
Quarlep
Dec11-13, 01:27 PM
P: 71
Thanks for your help.

Register to reply