Circumference of cirlce

I'm sorry about that. I have no idea why I thought you had written "time/circumference". You most certainly didn't. My brain is getting old, I'm afraid. Anyway, the quote I gave you is correct. You've figured it out for yourself, so you can see that the answer is correct. The only thing I would add is that you can also solve this problem by just using the fact that C = pi*d, so d = C/pi. Therefore, the speed is just (C/pi)/t = C/(pi*t) = (15.7 cm)/(3.14*60 sec) = 0.26718 cm/sec.In summary, the
soharu

Homework Statement

i know Circumference is C = pi . d
if i have a wheel that need to be rotate in given time, how much centimeter i need to rotate in 1 sec?..

Homework Equations

if i have this :
Diameter = 5cm
Circumference = 15.7cm
Given time = 60sec

The Attempt at a Solution

and i got the calculation..dunno if this right/wrong..thats y i need ur help guys..=.='

Given_Times / Circumference

Answer : 3.8217 cm / sec

*/ sorry for my bad english /*

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Don't you want circumference/time?

No, he doesn't because that would have units of "time/distance". He asked "how much centimeter i need to rotate in 1 sec?" which has units of "distance/time": cm/sec.

Soharu: Yes, the circumference, in cm., divided by the time, in seconds, of one rotation will give you the speed, at the circumference, in cm/sec.

HallsofIvy said:
No, he doesn't because that would have units of "time/distance". He asked "how much centimeter i need to rotate in 1 sec?" which has units of "distance/time": cm/sec.

Soharu: Yes, the circumference, in cm., divided by the time, in seconds, of one rotation will give you the speed, at the circumference, in cm/sec.

Why do you say "circumference/time" would have units of "time/distance"?

if its circumference over time then its 15.707/60 which gives .26178 cm/sec.

Jmanww said:
if its circumference over time then its 15.707/60 which gives .26178 cm/sec.

thanx guys..now i got the result...my bad..my bad..it's cm/sec.
so the answer i got is same with the quote above..15.7/60 =
0.26718 cm/sec

Dick said:
Why do you say "circumference/time" would have units of "time/distance"?

Because I just plain misread what you wrote, of course!

What is the formula for calculating the circumference of a circle?

The formula for calculating the circumference of a circle is C = 2πr, where C is the circumference and r is the radius of the circle.

How do you find the circumference of a circle if only the diameter is given?

If only the diameter is given, you can use the formula C = πd, where C is the circumference and d is the diameter of the circle.

What is the relationship between the circumference and diameter of a circle?

The circumference of a circle is directly proportional to its diameter. This means that the circumference will increase or decrease in the same ratio as the diameter.

Can the circumference of a circle be negative?

No, the circumference of a circle cannot be negative. It is a measure of the distance around the circle and therefore must be a positive value.

What is the unit of measurement for circumference?

The unit of measurement for circumference can vary depending on the measurement system being used. In the metric system, the unit is usually centimeters or meters, while in the imperial system, the unit is usually inches or feet.