What to do in Hong Kong? Any suggestions for a 10-day September trip?

• Thread starter oedipa maas
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation suggests visiting Hong Kong Disneyland, taking a boat tour and trying dim sum at the best restaurants in the world. It also includes a recommendation to go to the mountain top at Victoria and a "interesting" experience at Fangling market.
oedipa maas
Any suggestions? I have ten days in September to visit.

Physics news on Phys.org
oedipa maas said:
Any suggestions? I have ten days in September to visit.

Go to Hong Kong Disneyland and get me some of their pins!

:rofl:

Zz.

My wife and I went there before we got married. We took the train up the mountain on a foggy/misty night. It was quite romantic. We took a boat tour too, quite nice. The dim sum restaurants in Hong Kong are the best in the world.

Go to the mountain top at Victoria - that's a must do.

For an "interesting" time, go to Fangling (meat) market. If it's still anything like it was about 15 years ago (unlikely, I guess), it'll be an experience you'll remember.

What are the must-see attractions in Hong Kong?

Some of the top attractions in Hong Kong include Victoria Peak, the Tian Tan Buddha, the Avenue of Stars, and the Hong Kong Museum of History.

What are the best places to eat in Hong Kong?

Hong Kong is known for its amazing food scene, with a wide variety of options ranging from street food to upscale restaurants. Some popular choices include dim sum at Tim Ho Wan, wonton noodles at Mak's Noodle, and roasted goose at Yat Lok.

What are some unique experiences to try in Hong Kong?

For a unique experience, visitors can take a ride on the Star Ferry, attend a traditional Chinese tea ceremony, or explore the markets and temples in Kowloon's Mong Kok district.

What are some family-friendly activities in Hong Kong?

Families visiting Hong Kong can enjoy a day at Hong Kong Disneyland, a visit to Ocean Park theme park, or a trip to the Hong Kong Science Museum. The Symphony of Lights show at Victoria Harbour is also a popular option for families.

What is the best way to get around in Hong Kong?

The most convenient and efficient way to get around Hong Kong is by using the MTR (Mass Transit Railway) system. Taxis and buses are also available, but may be more expensive and subject to traffic. Trams and ferries are also popular modes of transportation for tourists.