Bug in previewing new posts

• Thread starter Favicon
  • Start date
In summary, there is a bug on the site where the template for new posts gets appended to the end of the text when previewing before submitting. This issue has been reported to the site admins, but they have not found a way to fix it yet. Users will have to manually delete the appended text before submitting their posts. There have been previous discussions about this issue and it is not a recent development. The option to delete the thread is available, but it is suggested to use the report button to ask the moderators to do it.
Favicon
I just discovered that when making in a new post, if I preview before submitting, the template for new posts gets appended onto the end of what I typed in the box for editing before submission. I presume that this is a bug, not a feature, as I did use the template in writing my post before I previewed it.

Physics news on Phys.org
There are lots of threads about this. Some from several years ago. The site admins are aware of the problem, but they don't know a way to fix it, so we just have to live with it. You will have to delete the stuff that was appended to your post every time you preview.

Ok, sorry to clutter the boards with another thread about it. I forgot to search for existing messages before I posted and thought it might have developed recently due to a server update or something similar. Is it possible for me to delete this thread to get it out of the way? (I'm on the mobile site at the moment)

I don't think that's necessary, but if you really want to, use the report button to ask the moderators to do it. Ignore the message you will see about what the report button is for. That's just another thing the admins haven't been able to change.

1. What is a "bug" in previewing new posts?

A bug is an error or issue in a software program that causes it to malfunction or not work as intended. In the context of previewing new posts, a bug would refer to any kind of error or glitch that occurs when trying to view or edit a post before it is published.

2. Why is it important to fix bugs in previewing new posts?

Fixing bugs in previewing new posts is important because it ensures that the post is displayed correctly and functions properly when it is published. It also helps to maintain a good user experience for the people creating the post, as they are able to see exactly how their post will look before it is shared with others.

3. How can a bug in previewing new posts affect the overall functionality of a website or app?

A bug in previewing new posts can have a domino effect on the overall functionality of a website or app. If the bug is not fixed, it could lead to other errors or malfunctions within the site or app, such as posts not appearing correctly on the live page or users not being able to publish their posts at all.

4. What are some common causes of bugs in previewing new posts?

Some common causes of bugs in previewing new posts include coding errors, compatibility issues with different browsers or devices, and incorrect data inputs. It could also be due to a lack of testing or updates in the software, or conflicts with other plugins or extensions.

5. How can bugs in previewing new posts be prevented?

To prevent bugs in previewing new posts, it is important for developers to thoroughly test their software and make any necessary updates or fixes. It is also crucial to regularly check for compatibility issues and address them promptly. Additionally, implementing best coding practices and conducting user testing can help catch and prevent bugs before they become a larger issue.