ChronoZoom: earth and universe explorer

In summary, ChronoZoom is a powerful and informative website that visualizes the history of everything, bridging the gap between humanities and sciences. It has been funded and supported by various institutions and is a great resource for exploring historical timelines.
This is a neat site where you can explore various historical timelines. From the universe, to the Earth to even the ancient Greeks. The website is a little tricky to figure out, but once you do, it's quite powerful.

ChronoZoom is an open source community project owned by the Outercurve Foundation and dedicated to visualizing the history of everything. ChronoZoom bridges the gap between the humanities and sciences using a notion of “Big History” to easily understand all this information. This project has been funded and supported by Microsoft Research Connections in collaboration with University California at Berkeley, Moscow State University and University of Washington Information School (iSchool), and The Center for Web and Data Science (WDS) departments.

http://www.chronozoom.com/#/t000000...04575&w=0.56291368431493&h=0.5434850566810714

Earth sciences news on Phys.org
500 km across, vesta is a rock that orbits around mars.
... What?

Where can I find the ancient Greeks?
Edit: Oh, got it. Hard to find without the links on the top.

History of science stops 1970 :D.

Last edited:

Wow, this sounds like a really interesting and informative website! I love exploring historical timelines and learning about different periods of time. It's great to hear that the website is open source and supported by various institutions. I'll have to check it out and see if I can figure out how to navigate it. Thanks for sharing!

What is ChronoZoom and how does it work?

ChronoZoom is an interactive tool for exploring the history of the Earth and the universe. It allows users to zoom in and out on a timeline, from the beginning of the universe to the present day, and explore various events and eras in detail.

What kind of information can I find on ChronoZoom?

ChronoZoom contains a wide range of information, including geological events, major evolutionary milestones, significant events in human history, and important scientific discoveries.

Is ChronoZoom accurate and reliable?

ChronoZoom is based on scientific data and research from various fields, such as geology, paleontology, anthropology, and astronomy. However, it is constantly evolving as new discoveries are made, so some information may be subject to change.

How can I use ChronoZoom for educational purposes?

ChronoZoom is a great educational tool for students and teachers. It can be used to visualize and understand the connections between different events and eras in history, and also to explore various scientific concepts in a dynamic and interactive way.

Is ChronoZoom accessible to everyone?

ChronoZoom is a free and open-source platform that can be accessed by anyone with an internet connection. It is also available in multiple languages, making it accessible to a global audience.