The dog that used to live here

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary, the evidence points to a large, steel-toothed great Dane as the culprit behind the destruction of the door to the back porch and the chicken wire fence surrounding the garden.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
The evidence is all about out side, i think it must have been a steel toothed great dane, the door to the back porch has several layers of chicken wire stapled and nailed to it, all of which have been chewed through along with chunks of door. a wooden gate encloses the garden 8ft high by about 15ft long, this also has many layers of chicken wire tin plate stapled and nailed to it, thing is the gate would not open, the hinges to feble to take the great wieght of wood and iron, so i decided as the frame looked sturdy to lighten it by removing all the chicken wire ect, well after pulling about 500 nails/staples and with jagged bits of wire sticking out every where, i decided to just take the ****** thing down only 8 screws, trouble was they were three inches long and in really tight, i thought if i left the top one till last then prop the gate up before i attempted to remove it all would be ok, well i got the last bottom one out and the gate fell on me :grumpy: the top screw was 1/2 inch long and screwed into a knot, the knot just poped out as i got the last bottom screw out now my back is all sore and that gate is in about 5,000 pieces my temper, i must
remember to gather all the nails staples up, but not today.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Wolram, you're beginning to sound like me. :frown:

Evo said:
Wolram, you're beginning to sound like me. :frown:

The thing is, nothing like this happens at work, ok the odd electric shock,
but nothing major.

Wolram, I think you're becoming a kind of a wise guy, Schopenhauer talks about in a certain book, on page 25. Btw, where is the dog that used to live here?

heartless - I think it's hilarious that you refer to the author and page number, but not the book. :rofl:

heartless said:
Wolram, I think you're becoming a kind of a wise guy, Schopenhauer talks about in a certain book, on page 25. Btw, where is the dog that used to live here?

By the size of those teeth marks a ****** long way away i hope.

What is the background story of "The dog that used to live here"?

The dog that used to live here was a stray dog that was adopted by a family living in this neighborhood. The family named the dog Max and he quickly became a beloved member of the community.

How did Max pass away?

Unfortunately, Max passed away due to old age. He lived a long and happy life with his family and was loved by many in the neighborhood.

Why is Max still remembered by the people in this neighborhood?

Max was not just any dog, he had a special personality and touched the hearts of many people. He was known to be friendly, playful, and always greeted everyone with a wagging tail. His memory lives on in the hearts of those who knew him.

Are there any memorials or tributes dedicated to Max?

Yes, there is a park bench in the neighborhood with a plaque dedicated to Max. The plaque reads "In loving memory of Max, the dog that used to live here. May he always be remembered and missed."

What impact did Max have on the community?

Max brought the community together, he was a source of joy and happiness for many people. He also helped raise awareness for adopting stray animals and the importance of responsible pet ownership. Even after his passing, Max continues to bring people together and make a positive impact on the community.