Amplifier voltage output error

In summary, the conversation discusses an amplifier circuit with inputs V1 and V2 and output Vo. V1 is fixed at 1V while V2 varies from -5v to +7v in increments of 0.5v. The formula for Vo is (1+R2/R1)x(R4/(R3+R4)xV2) - (R2/R1)xV1. The speaker has questions regarding the discrepancies between experimental and theoretical values for Vo, as well as differences between simulation results and theoretical values. The speaker also considers if internal resistance of the measurement device may have affected the experimental value. They request assistance with calculating, experimental, and simulated values and ask for a schematic of the amplifier.
esmeco
I've assembled an amplifier circuit which is composed by a V1 and V2 input and Vo output.V1 is 1V and V2 varies from -5v to +7v with increments of 0.5v.
The formula for Vo is:

Vo=(1+R2/R1)x(R4/(R3+R4)xV2) - (R2/R1)xV1

My questions are:why does the equation |Vo experimental - Vo theory| gives wrong values(Vo experimental is the output I got after testing the assembled circuit and Vo theory is when substituting the values on the equation)?Also,why are the value of the output voltage when I simulate the circuit on microsim different from the voltage theory and experimental output values?Could the experimental value result be influenced by the internal resistance of the measurement device?
Thanks in advance for the reply!

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Could anyone help me on this?

What do you get for your calculated, experimental and simulated values? It's kind of hard for us to help you unless we can see a table of the values. And if you could post a schematic of your amplifier, with voltage rails and component values specified that would help. Do you only get errors near the extremes, or do you get errors in the mid-range as well?

1. What is an amplifier voltage output error?

An amplifier voltage output error is a discrepancy between the actual voltage output of an amplifier and the expected or desired voltage output.

2. What causes an amplifier voltage output error?

There are several potential causes for an amplifier voltage output error, including incorrect amplifier settings, damaged components, or a power supply issue.

3. How can I troubleshoot an amplifier voltage output error?

To troubleshoot an amplifier voltage output error, you should first check the amplifier settings and ensure they are correct. If that does not resolve the issue, you can check for any damaged components or test the power supply to ensure it is functioning properly.

4. Can an amplifier voltage output error be fixed?

In most cases, an amplifier voltage output error can be fixed by identifying and addressing the underlying cause. However, if the error is due to a damaged component, it may need to be replaced.

5. How can I prevent an amplifier voltage output error?

To prevent an amplifier voltage output error, it is important to regularly check and calibrate the amplifier settings, as well as ensure the components are in good working condition. It is also recommended to have a backup amplifier or power supply in case of any issues.