Finding Ipc of Voltammgram - Cyclic Voltammetry

• Thread starter higherme
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cyclic
In summary, the conversation is about finding the Ipc and maximum point of a voltammegram, with the questioner asking for help in accurately finding the Ipc or if they have to estimate it. They also mention a related question about finding the maximum point using Excel and confirm that the data is arranged in columns. The response mentions that the question is essentially the same as the previous one and that Excel can be used to find both the Ipc and maximum point.
higherme
I have a voltammegram (graph of potential vs current) and I want to find the Ipc of it. I'm not really sure how..is there a way to find it accurately or do i just have to estimate?

Physics news on Phys.org
Is this related to your Excel graph question?

yes... but the other question is finding the maximum point of the peak, this is about finding the Ipc...
I just want to know how you would find Ipc and the maximum point of any voltammegram

thanks!

that is using excel...

Its the same question. Is the data arranged in a column??

yes.. it is in columns too..

ignore this question, basically asking the same thing as the other one

1. What is cyclic voltammetry?

Cyclic voltammetry is an electrochemical technique used to study the redox properties of a system. It involves applying a potential to a working electrode and measuring the resulting current.

2. How does cyclic voltammetry work?

In cyclic voltammetry, a potential is applied to a working electrode, causing a redox reaction to occur. The resulting current is measured and plotted against the applied potential, creating a cyclic voltammogram.

3. What information can be obtained from a cyclic voltammogram?

A cyclic voltammogram can provide information about the redox properties of a system, including the oxidation and reduction potentials, peak current values, and reversibility of the reaction. It can also be used to determine the concentration of a species in solution.

4. How do you find the IPC (inflection point of cyclic voltammogram)?

The IPC, or inflection point of a cyclic voltammogram, is the point at which the current changes direction. It can be determined by finding the peak of the second derivative of the voltammogram or by visually identifying the point where the curve changes from concave to convex or vice versa.

5. What are some common applications of cyclic voltammetry?

Cyclic voltammetry is commonly used in the fields of electrochemistry and analytical chemistry, as well as in various industries such as pharmaceuticals, environmental monitoring, and battery research. It can be used to study the redox behavior of various compounds, determine the concentration of species in solution, and investigate the electrochemical properties of materials.