Help Needed: Creating CGNS File on Windows

• Thread starter deathriderz
  • Start date
  • Tags
    File
In summary, the conversation discusses a problem with linking the CGNS libraries and the resulting error message. The speaker is requesting assistance from someone who has the libraries installed to run their code and send the resulting CGNS file. They have attached a zip file and a text file containing the data points. They also mention modifying the paths as instructed in the ReadFile. They mention trying a C code and finding a potential solution on the NASA GRC website.
deathriderz
Hello,

I have a little problem linking the CGNS libraries.

I tried linking the CGNS libraries with the compiler, but the same error shows, viz. "CG_OPEN_F is an undefined reference". I guess this has probably got to do with modifying the lib and include path or something like that.

Right now I am short of time and would really appreciate if someone who has the libraries installed can run my little code and send me the resulting CGNS file.

I have attached a zip file of the code(f95) and also a text file containing the data points which the code reads in.

Thanks,
mocha
Or could someone tell me how I can fix the error? Its in Windows and am using Silverfrost Plato. I modified the paths at both places, i.e I did everything the ReadFile says.

am wondering why no one's replied. will it help if I give a C code?

Attachments

• CODE&DATA.zip
    87.7 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
I ran into a similar problem very recently. Our code writes out in plot3d/FAST format, e.g.
Code:
WRITE(11,*) num_Blocks
WRITE(11,*) (ni(n),nj(n),nk(n),n=1,num_Blocks)
DO n=1,num_Blocks
  WRITE(11,*) (((x(i,j,k,n),i=1,ni(n)),j=1,nj(n)),k=1,nk(n)),&
               (((y(i,j,k,n),i=1,ni(n)),j=1,nj(n)),k=1,nk(n)),&
               (((z(i,j,k,n),i=1,ni(n)),j=1,nj(n)),k=1,nk(n))
END DO

I was lucky to have found a plot3d_to_cgns routine on the NASA GRC (IIRC) website. In fact, they have an entire CGNS utility package that you may want to take a look at. Do a google search and see if any of it can help.

1. What is a CGNS file?

CGNS stands for Computational Fluid Dynamics General Notation System. It is a standard file format used for storing and exchanging data related to computational fluid dynamics (CFD) simulations.

2. Can CGNS files be created on Windows?

Yes, CGNS files can be created on Windows. There are several software programs available that support creating and manipulating CGNS files on the Windows operating system.

3. What software is needed to create CGNS files on Windows?

There are a few different software options available for creating CGNS files on Windows. Some popular choices include ANSYS Fluent, OpenFOAM, and Pointwise.

4. Are there any specific steps to follow when creating a CGNS file on Windows?

While the exact steps may vary depending on the software being used, the general process for creating a CGNS file on Windows involves setting up the desired simulation and specifying the data to be saved in the CGNS file. It is important to follow any specific instructions or guidelines provided by the software or documentation.

5. Can CGNS files be opened and used on other operating systems?

Yes, CGNS files are designed to be platform-independent, meaning they can be opened and used on different operating systems. However, it is important to ensure compatibility between the software used to create the CGNS file and the software used to open it.